D950 Fuel problem.

B8200 Owner

Apr 4, 2020
Kenosha, WI
I have a B8200 with a D950 Diesel and just did a valve job. Now I can't get any fuel to the injection pump. This is my first diesel so I need a little advance. I fund that this D950 has a Lift pump and I can't get any fuel pass it. I also heard that they can leak fuel into the crankcase. Is there any easy way to check if the lift pump is pumping fuel correctly and If it might leak into the crankcase. I'm also going to check to see if the stop lever is operating correctly. Is there anything else to check?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I have a B8200 with a D950 Diesel and just did a valve job. Now I can't get any fuel to the injection pump. This is my first diesel so I need a little advance. I fund that this D950 has a Lift pump and I can't get any fuel pass it. I also heard that they can leak fuel into the crankcase. Is there any easy way to check if the lift pump is pumping fuel correctly and If it might leak into the crankcase. I'm also going to check to see if the stop lever is operating correctly. Is there anything else to check?
Could you have the two hoses on the lift pump on backwards or reversed? In hose from tank on wrong port.

forum B8200 fuel pump.jpg

forum B8200 fuel pump 1.jpg

If you disconnect the discharge hose from the lift pump and briefly crank the engine spurts of fuel should come out if everything is OK with the lift pump.

The fuel cutoff hardware has not effect on the lift pump

Dave

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Remove the fuel line just before the filter. Do you have a good volume of fuel flowing? Check after the filter. Is there still good volume? If the machine has sat for awhile the filter may have soaked up the water and will now restrict the flow of the fuel.