D1105 not getting fuel to injectors

barnyard

Oct 29, 2015
Minnesota
hey there i have a D1105 kubota diesel that is not getting any fuel up to the injectors. the pull in hold in coil works. i put a new inline fuel pump on it. It pushes fuel up to the injection pump and the return lines on the injectors and back to tank. there is only 30 hours on the engine. and it has been sitting for about 4 years before i was able to get it. any help would be great.

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
hey there i have a D1105 kubota diesel that is not getting any fuel up to the injectors. the pull in hold in coil works. i put a new inline fuel pump on it. It pushes fuel up to the injection pump and the return lines on the injectors and back to tank. there is only 30 hours on the engine. and it has been sitting for about 4 years before i was able to get it. any help would be great.
I'm betting your fuel shut off is stuck from sitting. It should have a manual shut off. Try manually moving the lever back and forth. If that doesn't work you might have to get into the pump to free it up.

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
hey there i have a D1105 kubota diesel that is not getting any fuel up to the injectors.
So you loosened the injector lines and no fuel is coming out while cranking the engine. Is that what your saying?

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
When your cranking the engine with the injector lines loose, fuel will squirt out in small "spurts" or "sprays" for each revolution the engine makes while cranking. There is no constant "flow".
If the line is just loose a half turn or such, you may only see some fuel dripping around/off the lines. Have the throttle lever at half position or more when testing.

barnyard

Oct 29, 2015
Minnesota
Sorry for the late reply. But I took the pump out today and the fuel shutoff rail is stuck in the closed position. Just wondering if there is anything I could try to loosen it up without opening the pump up.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I'd spray some carburetor cleaner on the rail to dissolve the varnished diesel so it will once again move. Take your time, let it soak.

barnyard

Oct 29, 2015
Minnesota
So I took the pump out and all the springs seemed to be stuck in the up position. Talked to my neighbor (works on bobcats, tractors, whatever) he said its more then likely rusted. He lent me a pump to see if I can get it running. Installed that and then the fuel shut off rail started to get hung up in the off position. when I wiggled the armature that's connected to the rail it returned to the open position. Just wondering why this is and if it's normal or not.

mrmr56

Equipment
G4200, Z482, 3 G5200's
Jul 22, 2015
Waco, TX
Remove the fuel solenoid completely and see if it will start with it removed. I had a z482 that gave me fits until it dawned on me that the ignition switch was losing the voltage on the hold coil as I went from on to start position. The engine ran beautifully with the coil removed.

barnyard

Oct 29, 2015
Minnesota
Alright I figured the fuel rail issue out. And got it running but now I have no throttle response at all what so ever it just idles even on full throttle.