Cutting horse discount question

yodie

Equipment
2022 LX2610
Jun 29, 2020
Pequot Lakes MN
For those of you that have used it what did you show to get the discount. I signed up for the free membership but dont have anything showing i am a member.

Also. Did you get the discount on your entire purchase (tractor, loader, bucket, 3rd function) assuming they are all kubota products?

I assume set up as far as a 3rd function will be at regular labor rates?

If i were to build a machine on kubotas website and could i reasonably expect 20% off that price, or is it negotiable with the dealer then get 20% off that price.

Thanks in advance!

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
I used the APHA membership for my LX2610 when I ordered it in Sept 2021. I Shopped 3 different dealers that all were about 1/2 hour away from me (Yes I'm lucky enough to live in the center). 1 dealer was not willing to price it with the discount and gave me a price that was $1,000 over MSRP. The next one gave me a better price about 5% off of MSRP but they would not price it with the OEM 3rd function or with either of the rear remotes. The 3rd dealer was great, I had sent them a copy of the build sheet with all the options I wanted. I also let them know that I was going to pay cash and had the APHA membership (Note the 0% financing can't be used with the equine discount). They gave me a price that was just over 17% off of MSRP.
I had to pay $205 to get the 15-19.5 rear tires loaded with Rim Guard. As well as $15 for the WSM on a thumb drive. But those were the only "extra" costs. I didn't get any free touch up paint or hats ect but then I didn't ask for any either.. I did have to give them a copy of the physical hard membership card for them to copy and send to Kubota.

Also my old tractor was a B7510 as well I sold it myself in October last year. Was shocked at what I got for it it was $14,840 in July 2004 including sales tax sold it for $15,100 delivered (cost me $54 in diesel to deliver it). I has included a 48" rotary cutter and a 5' back blade with it. But even if you back out what I paid new for the cutter and the back blade I still ended up with $13,100 for the B7510.

The used market is insane right now!

Reactions: 1 user

yodie

Equipment
2022 LX2610
Jun 29, 2020
Pequot Lakes MN
I used the APHA membership for my LX2610 when I ordered it in Sept 2021. I Shopped 3 different dealers that all were about 1/2 hour away from me (Yes I'm lucky enough to live in the center). 1 dealer was not willing to price it with the discount and gave me a price that was $1,000 over MSRP. The next one gave me a better price about 5% off of MSRP but they would not price it with the OEM 3rd function or with either of the rear remotes. The 3rd dealer was great, I had sent them a copy of the build sheet with all the options I wanted. I also let them know that I was going to pay cash and had the APHA membership (Note the 0% financing can't be used with the equine discount). They gave me a price that was just over 17% off of MSRP.
I had to pay $205 to get the 15-19.5 rear tires loaded with Rim Guard. As well as $15 for the WSM on a thumb drive. But those were the only "extra" costs. I didn't get any free touch up paint or hats ect but then I didn't ask for any either.. I did have to give them a copy of the physical hard membership card for them to copy and send to Kubota.

Also my old tractor was a B7510 as well I sold it myself in October last year. Was shocked at what I got for it it was $14,840 in July 2004 including sales tax sold it for $15,100 delivered (cost me $54 in diesel to deliver it). I has included a 48" rotary cutter and a 5' back blade with it. But even if you back out what I paid new for the cutter and the back blade I still ended up with $13,100 for the B7510.

The used market is insane right now!
Thank you for your reply! I am looking at the exact same tractor as you! I have not even gone to dealership to get any prices. I appreciate your time!

Borane4

Equipment
M4-071
Dec 16, 2020
Texas
With the crazy pricing (full MSRP), the equine discounts are actually pretty good. I bought a tractor in 2020 and the dealers were still dealing. At that time the dealer discount was on par with the equine discounts and a lot less work for the dealer. I bought an M4 late in 2021 and there were no dealer discounts, so the equine discount was very good. To prevent tom-foolery on the dealer side, I got a quote for everything then told them I wanted to use the equine discount. Ended up about 17% below MSRP. It is not straightforward. The discount applies to the tractor and one or two implements. The FEL is considered an implement.

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Thank you for your reply! I am looking at the exact same tractor as you! I have not even gone to dealership to get any prices. I appreciate your time!
Yes, I got a physical membership card. But it took a good 8 weeks for it to show up in the mail.

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
My dealer just gave me a $1,000 off on the B2601 and $500 off on the loader. Didn't ask for anything. Pretty much paid for the box blade.

Rwire17

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535, BH77, BB1260, PFL2042. Cub Cadet ZT2
Jun 28, 2021
Sidney,NY
My dealer accepted the Cutting Horse discount on the LX2610SU I ordered this past July.
I just had to forward him the email showing my membership.
I received $2,700 off MSRP and received cash discount.
Yes, it took about two months to get the card in the mail

yodie

Equipment
2022 LX2610
Jun 29, 2020
Pequot Lakes MN
My dealer accepted the Cutting Horse discount on the LX2610SU I ordered this past July.
I just had to forward him the email showing my membership.
I received $2,700 off MSRP and received cash discount.
Yes, it took about two months to get the card in the mail
Thanks for the reply. I did go get an actual quote yesterday and they were only willing to do $1900. I am holding out for more.

did you sign up for the free membership and get a card?

Rwire17

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535, BH77, BB1260, PFL2042. Cub Cadet ZT2
Jun 28, 2021
Sidney,NY
Yes, I did get the free membership and eventually received the physical card.

The free membership is only good to the end of the year you join and only for the first time.

If you want to renew there’s a fee.

Thanks for the reply. I did go get an actual quote yesterday and they were only willing to do $1900. I am holding out for more.

did you sign up for the free membership and get a card?

OldRider

Equipment
L3901
Feb 20, 2022
Western Kentucky
I joined the Cutting Horse Association in late January. I haven't got a membership card yet, but after I emailed them about it, they emailed me a temporary card with my membership number. I bought a L3901 HST today with the R14 tires, quick attach 66" bucket and beat juice filled tires. The price was $24,500 + tax. From what I can tell, the Cutting Horse membership saved me about $3,000.

Last edited: