CountyLine Rotary Cutter

Brushridge

Equipment
B2920 HST with LA364FL and BH65
Mar 22, 2011
Fleischmanns, NY
I have a B2920 tractor and want to buy a 4 foot rotary cutter. Tractor Supply Co. has two 4 foot cutters. One looks a bit lighter than the other and depending on which store I call, I keep getting conflicting information. The lighter one, model L-48-40-XB-OK, seems to be for a subcompact (the BX series) but I'm not sure if the heavier one, model L-48-40-P-YK, will fit my compact tractor. The heavier one is $50 less than the lighter one. Does anyone out there have any experience with this product line and these two cutters?
Thanks, Brushridge

jimrs

Mar 3, 2011
Elm Grove, La.
I just purchased a Kubota B2320 W/Loader and asked the guy about a mower and he said to just stay with a 48" wide one. I don't think either of those would be too bad but would go for the heavier one. I say this as I feel that a heaver deck will last longer. Have you looked at any others?

Brushridge

Equipment
Mar 22, 2011
Fleischmanns, NY
Hey JimRS...I ended up purchasing a 4 foot rotary cutter and a 4 foot box blade from Everything Attachments...I ordered King Kutter units as follows:

KK-L-48-40-P-FH-Rotary-KutterKing Kutter Professional 48" Flex Hitch Rotary Kutter $959.00

KK-Pro-BB-G-48-Box-BladeKing Kutter Professional 48" Box Blade
$639.00

They don't charge sales tax as long as you don't live in the state where it ships from, the units are made in the USA and the shipping is $80 for a grand total of $1,678.00...All and all, I think the units might be a bit better than the CountyLine...I was all set to buy the Countyline from Tractor Supply Co but when I figured in the tax, uncertain delivery dates to the store and having to drive quite a ways to pick up the items I opted for a delivery right to the house...I'll let you know how I make out once I get them working...Thanks for your thoughts...Brushridge

jimrs

Mar 3, 2011
Elm Grove, La.
Glad that you found what your looking for and at a price that won't break the bank. I still have not gotten my tractor I was going out of town for a week but just sent the wife and her sister. I just might go over and tell them to go ahead and deliever it this week. I don't have enough land for a mower of this size but I do need a front loader and box blade. Which the tractor has the FEL and I have a old Box Blade so I will be set for a short while. You always need (want) something else. Hope yours works out well for you.

Brushridge

Equipment
Mar 22, 2011
Fleischmanns, NY
Good luck with your new tractor...I'm hoping to take delivery of the box blade and cutter next week...The grass is really taking off this past week...

KenB2920

Equipment
L5240 brush hog,flail mower,wicked grapple,tiller,Danuser F-8 PHD,BB,RB 7' rake
Jun 17, 2011
Almont, mi
Just my .02. I have a B2920 and originally tried a 6' rotary mower and if you go slow it will work. This is what in had available to try and it worked. Please don't beat me up with replies. I work my equipment but take care of it well. Now yesterday I used a 5 foot rotary mower and it was amazing. I would definitely recommend anyone trying to decide between 4 or 5 foot go with the 5. The tractor has plenty of power in reserve and has not hesitated or bogged down at all. As far as weight you don't even feel it back there.

FYI: I was brush hogging over grown picker bushes up to 8 foot tall and about 2" in diameter. I would use the bucket to bring it down as they were growing up some trees. Then backed over them. Lots of heavy use on the mower and it worked like a charm. If you are just mowing tall grass and brush you can go forward in medium gear with the pedal all the way down will no problem.