County Line 60G sprayer for 3PH

Keeth1123

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Dec 13, 2018
Sunshine state
Looking into purchasing the above implement to be used for spraying chemicals on two five acre parcels. Does anyone have any experience with the item? I completed a search of it through YouTube and only located three videos for this model which is sold by Rural King. Additionally, does anyone recommend a pre-emergent herbicide specifically to combat sand burs while not killing Bahia grass?

crmorse

Equipment
'20 RTV-XG850, '16 L47 TLB, '06 JCB 506CHL, '99 JD 455G, 1953 Ford 8N
Nov 28, 2016
Anniston, AL
I have (had) two now. Not recommended. First one died after about 2 hours of use because the tank cracked where a molded screw mounts it to the frame. The screw was not overtightened. I spoke to mfg and they replaced the tank for free (good) but the new tank didn't come drilled for the pump. That operation took quite a bit of time to match up all the right fittings and holes. New tank lasted about the same amount of time. This time I didn't install the mount screws to avoid it cracking in the same place again. This time the mounting straps pinched the corner of the tank causing a split.

The pump and sprayer work fine but the frame and the boom mounts are just too lightly built to work on anything except pure turf grass. The bouncing around on any transport roads to/from will cause bent frames, booms, or cracked tanks.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
No experience with the sprayer mentioned but Kubota offers a three point mounted, 60 G, PTO pump equipped sprayer in the new accessory catalogue.

Do idea who makes it.

I use an Agri-Chem 55 G sprayer with my B3350.

SDT

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
The smaller sprayer market (60 gals and under) seems to have lots of different products with lots of different quality issues. Then you combine the lack of care or just the fragility of many of the components. It seems to be a lottery in what you buy and how well it will last. My suggestion is to buy a recognized brand for which you can purchase spare parts, at least you will be able to do maintenance if you need to. I always get my sprayer out about 6 weeks before I really plan to use it to try it out and ensure all is good.

There are lot's of options from PTO driven 3pt models to tow able, atv models, UTV models and skid models. If you are not looking to invest a lot do not expect great quality. Make sure you clean everything after use and fully drain the unit, find somewhere to store it where it will not get banged about.

I wanted a 3pt PTO sprayer but eventually purchased a Demco 60 Gallon skid version which runs from a 12V pump. I purchased the Demco as I got an old stock but new unit that was heavily discounted. Like you I spray maybe 10 - 15 acres a year, I'm onto my 4th year now and no operational issues.

There are so many options it hard to make a decision and work out how much to spend. Good luck in your selection.

wendol

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST
Feb 5, 2014
North Tx
"Many options".......so true as UpNorthMI pointed out. Just to add to what he outlined in his response, there's the option of type of spray (broadcast, fixed arms, folding booms), and then comes the type of nozzle to use with those.

I would recommend to try and locate a specialized dealer in spray equipment near you, and the one that I have used for many years is Remcor Sprayers. Here is a link to the website, for distributor information (assuming you're in the South/Southeast):

http://www.remcorsprayers.com/distributors.html

Keeth1123

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Dec 13, 2018
Sunshine state
Update:

I purchased the above sprayer but the name is Country Way instead of what I listed previously. I also purchased two gallons of GrazonNext HL. Now my goal is to reduce and slowly spray out the random grove type weeds on the property with the main goal of combating sand spurs. I mixed 3 quarts to 60 gallons and sprayed approximately 20 gallons or so per acre Sunday. The larger, bush style weeds are wilting and obviously going to die; however, the sand spurs do not seem bothered unless it takes a little longer to kick in for them.

Does anyone have a decently priced spray I can purchase that will help me reduce / eliminate sand spurs. I would rather not kill what little grass I do have.

Thank you