Competition is Alive and well

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada
Had to go up to the JD dealership yesterday to get a few parts for a JD lawn mower I have. Looking out across the lot was a sea of green (naturally) save one orange tractor front and center (BX 23s). The sales rep come out as I looked around and we starting discussing JD competitor. I advised him I wasn't shopping but would be interested in hearing what he had to say.

What was interesting to me was how well he seemed to know the little rubs on the Kubota and, of course, how a JD would solve the problem. Engine access panel removal a hassle -JD pops right off. Don't like rotating the seat for the backhoe - JD has 2 seats, and so on.

Nice to see competition is alive and well.

PA452

Equipment
B2650
Nov 8, 2015
Western PA
Competition is good, keeps producers striving to make a good product.

I'm in the market for a B2650 right now. Four things keep me from looking at the JD.

1. I like the three speed transmission of the Kubota compared to the JD two.

2. I've heard/read that the JD FEL hydraulics don't allow two simultaneous motions, so for example you can't raise and roll back the bucket at the same time. That one seems kind of crazy to me, I sometimes wonder if it's really true.

3. I prefer the Kubota HST treadle to the JD side by side pedals.

4. I forget on what exactly, but I think either the FEL mounting frame or the backhoe subframe on the JD seems insanely low to the ground to me. I'd be dragging that thing on the ground a lot.

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada
I am quite happy with my Kubota (for the record). Just found it interesting to see the BX23 on the JD lot. They clearly know where their challenges are.