Color codes of hoses at joystick valve?

davidmac50

Equipment
L4600
Aug 31, 2016
SUMMIT, MS. USA
Just became an owner of a Kubota L4600 with an Ansung front end loader. There are no color codes on the hoses at the quik couplers at the joystick control valve. I am going to color code them so my question is are the colors just to not to cross hoses or are the colors standardized to specific functions of the boom or bucket. If there is a standard, I would appreciate that info from someone. I am new here and am already very impressed with the wealth of knowledge on this forum. Thanks much in advance.

Spectre381

Equipment
Kubota B2650, LA534 FEL, SGC0660 Grapple, 42" forks, ballast box, ratchet rake
Aug 18, 2016
NC
Just happened to ask my dealer and his lead mechanic that very question this afternoon. I asked the mech what the significance was for each of the colors - or as you said, what does red, blue, yellow, etc., match up to. He said the different colors are merely used to keep track of each hose - it doesn't necessarily signify a particular function. Of course you could tape them yourselve to identify up, down, curl, dump if you want to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

davidmac50

Equipment
L4600
Aug 31, 2016
SUMMIT, MS. USA
Thanks much guys. I will probably mark them tomorrow. I have to clip about 7 acres in the next week or so and the ground is a little rough. The loader, even with bucket off does quit a bit of bouncing up and down on the rough terrain. Just cannot be very good for the loader or the tractor. Again, thanks.

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
You could if you have a few cans of spray paint hanging around and paint them.

Or go to a NAPA and ask them to order a pack of multi color zip ties.

Pat

KeithG

Equipment
2000 Kubota B2710, Woods BH75 backhoe, LandPride York Rake, B2783 Snow Blower
Jan 1, 2016
Rindge, NH
I thought it was just to mark the lines to match them up also until I bought the snowblower. The cables were marked with the same color so the snowblower would go up and down like the FEL and the chute would spin left or right with the bucket dump movement on the stick.

So I would guess there IS a reason for the color coding but I do not know which one is which. The best I could do would be to send you a picture of the lines on mine once I get it back (my son has it for his home projects, I hope I get it back before I retire...) :D

Grandad4

Equipment
1949 Farmall M, previously owned: L 4610, BX 2230
Apr 5, 2016
Greensboro, NC
Harbor Freight will sell you a lifetime supply of multi-colored zip ties for cheap. I used them to color code the FEL connections after learning the hard way that colored electrical tape doesn't last very long.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
I had previously borrowed my daughters nail polish and put a color coded dot on about 2-3 spots around the fitting, then later replaced the black plugs with the stock color plugs from messicks, for my snowblower. Im pretty sure I can still see the dots 3 years later.