Clutch or hydo ?

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
could be either! Put a load on the pto and see if it slips. if it does it is the clutch, if the pto holds without slipping then the clutch is OK.
Ed

northern hunter

Equipment
b7100hst-d
Mar 2, 2011
Becker, Mn
I always thought that hydo motors or pumps either work or they dont! Or could it be some type of relief problem? The fluid look perfect and the filter was was change not that long ago!

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
It has high pressure relief valves which could fail, though rare. If it is truly "slipping" it is more likely scored valve plates or pump/ motor barrels. Make sure that clutch is in good shape and adjusted properly first though! It is much more likely to be the problem.

northern hunter

Equipment
b7100hst-d
Mar 2, 2011
Becker, Mn
I already have the clutch plate and pressure plate going to replace both any way ! Just thought since I have it all apart that would go through and replace all seals and check everything else! Dont want to spend the money on new hydo motor if I dont need to!

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Well I don't think you'll have to worry about replacing the Hydro with a new one. It is no longer available from Kubota, at least through the normal channels! The most common failure on those Hydro's is a broken charge pump but then you have no drive at all. If you are doing a clutch, check all the u-joints and the flexible coupling at the front of the transmission ( rear end of the clutch shaft). Be sure not to lose the dowels at the bell housing.
Ed

northern hunter

Equipment
b7100hst-d
Mar 2, 2011
Becker, Mn
All they said was that when they tried to pull anything of weight that it slipped. Were is the charge pump located at ? I was told by the dealer that I could rebuild the hydo pump and motor. Is this true?

eserv

Equipment
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Yes, they are rebuildable IF you can find a dealer who will do it. Most are afraid of them and will only replace them. The charge pump is right in the front of the Hydro input shaft. There are old production B7100hsdt's (1981-84) And newer production B7100hsd's (1991-95) Parts are not readily available for the older tractors

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Yes, they are rebuildable IF you can find a dealer who will do it. Most are afraid of them and will only replace them. The charge pump is right in the front of the Hydro input shaft. There are old production B7100hsdt's (1981-84) And newer production B7100hsd's (1991-95) Parts are not readily available for the older tractors
There are several places that will rebuild hydro units. A complete rebuild cost around $1500.