Clutch adjustment on a L3650

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
A friend has a L3650 and the clutch seems to be slipping from his description. It has 1200 hrs and the clutch has never been touched.

He said that he checked the WSM and it had all of the parts, etc. but no specific instructions on how to adjust the clutch.

Does anyone have a diagram or method to adjust the clutch? Probably any older L-series would likely be the same or similar.

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
I'll describe the procedure as I understand it by examining my tractor. The idea here is the throwout bearing is just barely not touching the pressure plate fingers when the clutch is released. It contacts in the first part of the clutch pedal's travel and the remainder is spent counteracting the springs of the pressure plate. At a certain point, around 3/4 of the full travel in most designs, the clutch is fully disengaged.

You can adjust this externally by the adjuster where the clutch linkage connects to the lever which goes inside the bell housing. If you run out of adjustment then you'll have to remove the adjustment panel and take up some of the adjustment on the pressure plate fingers. That is likely different than on my model so I can't be of more help without a diagram or picture. Take this with a grain of salt, this is just how it appears to work to me. I haven't had a chance to put it into practice yet.

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
Thanks for the information.

I got a reply on another forum that may be the solution in .PDF form. Here it is for sharing. Maybe it will help others.

Attachments