clearing brush and undergrowth

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
We have a 2-3 acre grove of mixed timber west of our house and my wife is coming around to the idea of cleaning it up, taking out some multiflora rose, honeysuckle, and a few mulberry trees etc and leaving the black walnut and oaks. Trouble is she wants it done on a budget.
I currently have a heavy duty round back "construction bucket" with conventional pin mount to the loader but I have an unused universal quick attach adapter. I really want to mount a tooth bar on the current bucket and leave it on for brush work and dirt moving. I know I can cut and weld a mounting plate on the bucket and then wait for a deal on a bigger medium duty QA bucket for snow.
I would really like to add QA grapples and expand the hydraulics but that might have to wait a bit.
Any thoughts or suggestions?
Thanks

Kingcreek

Equipment
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
This would be my choice, love mine and the price is fair.
I should have been more clear. The Pirhana tooth bar is accepted as a given. And I need something for snow removal. So was thinking a back plate cut and weld on the old bucket and a new additional medium duty plain bucket would be a good start.
Hopefully adding a grapple like the EA wicked 54" and 3rd fxn hydros later.
My current bucket is a 60" and my rear wheels track 66" wide with R4s. Thinking a 66" MD plain bucket with QA would be next and put the teeth on the old but still good HD construction bucket.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Are you near Bushnell or Marietta? I was up there last year for a week long deer hunt.

Kingcreek

Equipment
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
Are you near Bushnell or Marietta? I was up there last year for a week long deer hunt.
A little north of bushnel, plenty of big corn fed Illinois deer around. I haven't had time to bowhunt but hoping to get out this weekend. The freezer is low.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
It was an 18 hour drive for us to get there but it was some purdy country and I would die to have some of that black soil here. Ours is a sandy loam.

We had a great time and brought home some mid western venison and it tastes totally different than ours here, still got bout 20 lbs left.

We go every 3 years up there for a 6 1/2 hunt, great time and good people.

Good luck, our season here in NC started back in early September. We hunt a 450 acre farm, heading out in the morning for a day hunt, nice only 20 minutes from house.