Clamp on pallet forks

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Not sure how I missed this thread.:confused:
I got a set of GC clamp-on forks with my tractor and they are among the most useful accessories I have. They're kinda old style (round tube instead of rectangular) but they'll do until I find a deal on newer ones. They have saved my back countless times, moving rock, logs, rollaways & toolboxes, concrete planters, slash, my other tractor implements, work benches, construction debris, furniture, block & pavers, ladders, culverts; the list is endless.

Attachments

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
They have saved my back countless times, moving rock, logs, rollaways & toolboxes, concrete planters, slash, my other tractor implements, work benches, construction debris, furniture, block & pavers, ladders, culverts; the list is endless.
My deal here is bringing home something heavy on my truck, and no help to get it off!:(

I got my HF toolbox off okay last fall, and it came on a pallet - made to order. But no forks, fastened it well to the bucket.:eek:

I only needs 300 lbs or so - toolbox, refrigerator, freezer, air compressor, etc., and would normally pick off the truck, pull the truck away, and set the load down.:cool:

Last edited:

Weasle

Equipment
L5740
Feb 21, 2016
Illinois
I just picked up a set of 48" 4000 lb forks today. Swap out with the bucket. Brand new at an auction for $400. I was pretty happy with this find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Swap out with the bucket. Brand new at an auction for $400.
That's great with Quick-attach fixtures, but for most of us guys getting the clamp on forks - we don't have that option too easy. :(

If you can pull the bucket off first, gives you much better lifting capacity, too!;)

Good for you, and hope you enjoy it!

Reeko

Equipment
Soon to be BX25
Feb 21, 2016
Berea, KY
I am going to pick up a set next week for my new BX. Are the Titan or the BXPanded versions better than each other?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Are the Titan or the BXPanded versions better than each other?
Reeko - glad to see you priced the new 25D in the other thread - had a feeling you would like the comparison!:cool:

I can't speak to the difference - I did just get the 4,000lb Titans, but haven't used them yet. Look put together well, and for $238 with stabilizer, price seemed good. The 1,500 lb ones are more than enough for your tractor, too.

I do have a Piranha Tooth Bar and bucket hooks from BXPanded, and they are great! Often guys here will say the tooth bar is their first, and favorite addition to their tractor!

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
If you get the quick attach I would go with either Kubota or a aftermarket brand that you can swap. Easier to see and use IMHO. If not I would go with BXPanded, everything is well engineered from Harry.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
If you get the quick attach I would go with either Kubota or a aftermarket brand that you can swap.
True, Ron, a much better option. I wasn't thinking about Reeko's tractor being new, and might have the quick attach feature.

My bad...:eek:

Reeko

Equipment
Soon to be BX25
Feb 21, 2016
Berea, KY
True, Ron, a much better option. I wasn't thinking about Reeko's tractor being new, and might have the quick attach feature.

My bad...:eek:

Thanks guys. I didn't pay for the quick attach as I plan to just keep the bucket on the FEL. I don't have plans to lift anything to heavy as it will be used mostly for clearing brush and downed logs on my property. I like the strap design of the BXPanded forks but the Titans look nicely priced as well.

Yeah, ended up going new. Figured with the financing that it would be a better bet for resale once I get all the stuff done that I need to on my property.

mikes1165

Equipment
L3901DT, LA525FL, King Kutter 6' finishing mower, 5' Bush Hog Squealer,Box blade
Jul 30, 2015
Mulga
I have a set of the 1500# Titans and I've used them a lot. Tried more than once to pick up more than my L3901 was able to lift and they have held up great. I love them.At $159 they're hard to beat.

GaltsGulch

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800, BX2380, and BX23S
Apr 14, 2015
Ranger, Ga
I have a set of the Titans but plan to get a set of real forks once I get a quick attach adapter for the FEL. I don't particularly like them. Where they attach to the bucket the little stay pins on the underside of the clamps have bent my bucket all up. Also, I have found with mine no matter how tight I tighten them they always seem to come loose. I am planning on making a few changes to them that hopefully will make them more reliable on my bucket.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Knock on wood I haven't bent my bucket and mine don't come loose, but you are right, can't beat "real" quick attach forks.
Visibility with these sucks and with all the extra leverage, you have to be very careful with the bucket curl function going down (dump position) because it drops like a stone.

But they sure are better than nothing.

gkk2001

Equipment
F3680, L3800 HST
Aug 14, 2011
Central GA, USA
I just posted a set of bucket pallet forks on Classifieds. But yes to the comments, QA forks are the preferred choice if you have that option. The forks I am selling are clamp on rated at 1200 lbs and they do that job as advertised. So both ways will work, I do prefer QA style however.

Check out the Classifieds for a really good deal if you want a set.

Reeko

Equipment
Soon to be BX25
Feb 21, 2016
Berea, KY
They came in today. It was all I had to lift the box off the porch and put in the garage. Going tomorrow to pick up the BX25D.

Can't wait.

Fredbussiere

Equipment
B7510HSD
May 28, 2016
Barrington,NH
I bought the titan clamp on forks. They do fit over the piranha bar but fit only on the very outside of bucket where the notches are. I think the piranha bar acts as a backbone for the lip. Anyways I am not picking anything up very heavy other than moving around my 3 picnic tables all summer and brush. The BX isnt going to pick up a pallet of landscape blocks anyways. These are good for light duty work only.
I have a piranha bar and I'm wanting to buy forks, which Titan forks did you buy? I hate returns. Thank you.

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
I have a piranha bar and I'm wanting to buy forks, which Titan forks did you buy? I hate returns. Thank you.
Not sure, but check to be sure you can use with the Piranha Bar without removing. If not BXpanded makes a set that will work with the bar in place.