Clamp-On Bucket Forks

Dan_R_42

Equipment
B7100-D, w/ Sims Cab, B219 FEL, ARPS 70 Backhoe, Oversized R4 Tires, LX2610 Cab
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
Looking for opinions on the clamp-on type of bucket forks. Pro's and Cons etc. I have checked out the units available from Northern Tool.

I'm thinking of making a pair for lifting pallets, hauling brush etc. Yeah, I can buy them, but it is sooo much more satisfying to step back and see what I have made.

Oh, they would be bolted onto a B7100 FEL w/ backhoe.

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
GWD, I bought a couple of fork-lift forks along with the carrier from the Clark Dealer where I once lived. This was about 7 or 8 years ago. I had a Kubota quick attach device on the FEL. The carrier was 30" wide and I lenghtened it to 60" and fixed it to hook on the quick attachment. I don't remember what I paid, but it doesn't seem like that much. I've certainly used the heck out of them and because they were made for a commercial fork lift, they are really stout, more than my tractor can pick up. If I get time, I take a picture or two and post them.

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
I vote for making them yourself! I couldn't agree more with the satisfaction factor of making them :)

gmtinker

Equipment
'07 BX1850 w/FEL, '06 John Deere X300
Mar 6, 2009
Stony Plain, Alberta
Hi Dan

Like the other fellows here I built a set of forks as well for my little Orange squirt, mostly because I was too cheap to buy them. The other reason was weight - the commercial forks I have seen tend to be heavy, and these small loaders are strong but any extra weight added to the setup on the bucket will reduce lift capacity. The 2" square tube is plenty strong enough to lift the ~450 lb that these loaders are rated for, especially because lift capacity dimishes the farther from the bucket edge you go.

Here's the link to the pictures of the ones I put together:
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254

Unfortunately laziness, work, acreage work and Chief Social Event Coortinator (a.k.a. wife) have conspired to keep the forks unpainted as of yet. Someday . . .:rolleyes:

I love to see other people's ideas for building/modifying equiment, so let us all know what you come up with!