Christmas list

redfernclan

Jul 18, 2014
Sweet home, Oregon
Well, the wife kept asking what I wanted for Christmas so I made a shortcut on the desktop to BXPanded's web site with the Piranha bar. So far I have not read a negative comment, unless you count learning to be very aware of the angle of the bucket so you don't scalp everything. She said her shopping was all done so I made the comment that if it started with "Piranha", she did just fine.
Now I just need to wait.
After it gets bolted on, I'm thinking of getting a couple of pieces of flat bar say 1/4 thick and about 2 or 2 1/2 inches wide to reinforce the bucket. I have noticed that with all the back blading I do, the paint is gone on the bottom back of the bucket and it is a perfect identifier as to where to add the flat bar. I may be a little paranoid, but after my years welding on loaders I have learned, it is a lot easier to add wear strips when things are thick enough to weld on than to wait till it's paper thin.
I'm thinking just pull the pins, flop the bucket over in the shop where it is nice and warm, Lay one piece on the bottom and one piece on the back. Tack in place and start burning some rod. Maybe next year I will get a MIG gun!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Well, the wife kept asking what I wanted for Christmas so I made a shortcut on the desktop to BXPanded's web site with the Piranha bar. So far I have not read a negative comment, unless you count learning to be very aware of the angle of the bucket so you don't scalp everything. She said her shopping was all done so I made the comment that if it started with "Piranha", she did just fine.
Now I just need to wait.
After it gets bolted on, I'm thinking of getting a couple of pieces of flat bar say 1/4 thick and about 2 or 2 1/2 inches wide to reinforce the bucket. I have noticed that with all the back blading I do, the paint is gone on the bottom back of the bucket and it is a perfect identifier as to where to add the flat bar. I may be a little paranoid, but after my years welding on loaders I have learned, it is a lot easier to add wear strips when things are thick enough to weld on than to wait till it's paper thin.
I'm thinking just pull the pins, flop the bucket over in the shop where it is nice and warm, Lay one piece on the bottom and one piece on the back. Tack in place and start burning some rod. Maybe next year I will get a MIG gun!
I will tell you (her too) that the money spent on the tooth bar is some of the best money spent!:) - It makes cutting roots, soil, gravel - whatever much easier, and like you said the only negative is that if you messed up without it, it will be be much worse with it!!!

As far as backblading, with your skill set, back it with a skid plate , that could be removed at a later date if need be, my paint on my underside is pretty much gone from exactly what you are describing. Send us pictures of whatever you come up with - but the tooth bar will be $$$$ welllll spent !!!:D