Chiropractic footrest!!

marine-mp

Equipment
Kubota G5200 HST
Oct 4, 2020
Western NC
Good ‘enin OTT forum. Having several acres to mow and finding it “somewhat” enjoyable, I find that atter I get done with it, I have to take a day to get my aching bones back in the order that they’re supposed to be in. Today, after switching out the seat on my G5200HST mower, I sat on it and noticed that my left “do-nothing-foot” rest on the floorboard, whilst my right “do-everything “ foot rests about four inches higher on the hydrostatic pedal. Always has. A chiropractor’s dream of extended monetary income. So I started thinking…(could be stinkin thinkin) but if I brought the left foot/leg “up” to match the right foot height, I may be able to get out of bed the next morning after mowing, without assistance!!!! Here it is. I hope it does what I want it to.
I know I could “break-up” the mowing into smaller sessions, but…….you know!!!!! Take care. Semper-fi & This We’ll Defend, Mike

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
great idea !!! only improvement for version 2 point oh I would suggest is to add some foam rubber for your foot to rest on. I scored a whack of them 2by2 rubber jigsaw squares last year sure helps when standing on concrete floor in garage.

Reactions: 1 users

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I like your mower deck belt cover.
You're a bit like me...function over form.

If it works out, I presume you'll paint it, rubberize it (GreensvilleJay) and attach it in some way?

I like it !

Reactions: 2 users

marine-mp

Equipment
Kubota G5200 HST
Oct 4, 2020
Western NC
Ve9aa, The covers are made out of leftover metal roofing and I will paint them. They are attached to the deck. I tapped the deck and put bolts up from the bottom and use wing-nuts to hold them on. If you look closely, you can ser one of them under the yellow line!! Have a blessed day. Semper-fi & This We’ll Defend, Mike

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Ve9aa, The covers are made out of leftover metal roofing and I will paint them. They are attached to the deck. I tapped the deck and put bolts up from the bottom and use wing-nuts to hold them on. If you look closely, you can ser one of them under the yellow line!! Have a blessed day. Semper-fi & This We’ll Defend, Mike
Thank you - - but my comments were actually about your new foot rest (My grammar was poor, so my questions were not clear--oops!)

I like your inventions.

Cheers

Mike in NB, Canada aka "ve9aa"

marine-mp

Equipment
Kubota G5200 HST
Oct 4, 2020
Western NC
ve9aa, Thanks. Not a prolem!! Yes, I’ll stain it with solid black an attach it with screws from the bottom up. Semper-fi & This We’ll Defend, Mike

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Love your woodworking abilities too. LOL

Function over form! My way of doing things a lot of the time too! :love:(y)

marine-mp

Equipment
Kubota G5200 HST
Oct 4, 2020
Western NC
Well, after trimming the bushes aroun the hacienda and doing the everyday “gotta-be-done-stuff”, I finally got aroun to finishing up the “chiropractic footrest”!! It turned out to be just the ticket to a much more relaxing mowing job today. When I got off the machine, I could actually walk over to the fridge in the garage an “pop-a-top” on a cold Yuengling Black & Tan without help of a walker!!! Imagine, what a little footrest can do for the body an soul!! Take care. Semper-fi & This We’ll Defend, Mike
C20D89EC-A6E8-4E75-9BEC-1AE73CF00283.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Good ‘enin OTT forum. Having several acres to mow and finding it “somewhat” enjoyable, I find that atter I get done with it, I have to take a day to get my aching bones back in the order that they’re supposed to be in. Today, after switching out the seat on my G5200HST mower, I sat on it and noticed that my left “do-nothing-foot” rest on the floorboard, whilst my right “do-everything “ foot rests about four inches higher on the hydrostatic pedal. Always has. A chiropractor’s dream of extended monetary income. So I started thinking…(could be stinkin thinkin) but if I brought the left foot/leg “up” to match the right foot height, I may be able to get out of bed the next morning after mowing, without assistance!!!! Here it is. I hope it does what I want it to.
I know I could “break-up” the mowing into smaller sessions, but…….you know!!!!! Take care. Semper-fi & This We’ll Defend, Mike
Back problems here too! Good idea. One thing I noticed with a lot of my working years bending and kneeling down to work on machinery it dawned on me one day i was always kneeling on my right knee and crouching on left foot. I made a attempt to always be on both knees with a foam pad to get the twist out if i was going to be more than just a second. What a difference in my back after that. To this day if tending the wood stove always that way too.

Bill

marine-mp

Equipment
Kubota G5200 HST
Oct 4, 2020
Western NC
Chanceywd, I know zackly what you mean. I also carry around a 2” thick, dense foam kneeling pad for these old knees!! If we took care to take care when we were pups, we’d prolly be fairing a bit better as we get longer in the tooth!! Have a blessed day. Semper-fi & This We’ll Defend, Mike