Chipper-shredder available now?

BobInSD

Equipment
L5740
Jun 23, 2020
South Dakota
Are any manufacturers (almost) caught up? Due to local windstorms a chipper has gone from the "maybe someday" list to the "shoulda bought in 2020" list.

Reactions: 1 user

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
FWIW, the WoodMaxx MX 8600 just came back in stock, but you will probably want a bigger model.
The WoodMaxx MX series is made in the USA (upstate NY). Maybe, the bigger models will be available soon?

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I ordered a woodland mill wc68 a few weeks back. Forecast was a 4-12 week window. It’s been close to 4 weeks now and I have no FC for an ship date / delivery date. 8 more weeks until I feel mislead.

LarryBud

Equipment
L3130
Dec 5, 2020
Cleveland, MO
Are any manufacturers (almost) caught up? Due to local windstorms a chipper has gone from the "maybe someday" list to the "shoulda bought in 2020" list.
Sorry to hear about the storm. My Family lives up and down the East part of SD. It was a bad one.

I'm cleaning up a property here in MO and have become quite adept at burning. Get a good 10 MPH breeze and you can eat through the downfall fast. However, a grapple is a must have for a good burn.

BobInSD

Equipment
L5740
Jun 23, 2020
South Dakota
Sorry to hear about the storm. My Family lives up and down the East part of SD. It was a bad one.

I'm cleaning up a property here in MO and have become quite adept at burning. Get a good 10 MPH breeze and you can eat through the downfall fast. However, a grapple is a must have for a good burn.
Yeah, the ability to burn is why I didn't jump on the chipper a few years ago. It takes about all day to burn a pile, but I have "pallet fork add-a-grapple" on order since February and they are about ready to ship. I figure that will let me go a lot higher and press the pile down and burning will work OK.

Hopefully your family is all OK? Our family (and all of the pets) are fine. The house was relatively unscathed. We had some damage to some outbuildings and lost about 40 good size trees (18" diameter or more). We had a lot of rain the week before (2 3/4 inch the day before), so most of them just tipped over. I can now see a paved road from my second floor, which annoys be a bit. On the bright side, they were almost all ash and I'd been expecting them to succumb to the Ash Beetle in a few years. I will have to move a lot of those ash to see how the smaller trees I planted to take their place survived. Hopefully it won't be too late to mail order a lot of bare-root fast growing trees for the short term. I guess I know what I'm doing this summer, but like I said, nobody was injured so it's all good.