Check valves for side link?

Jasonized

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3902, LA526, box scraper, grapple, pallet forks, tree ripper, lane shark 3
May 16, 2023
California coast
Hey folks, just curious…. Is there a check valve for short side links?
the side link for my tractor is short…. Only a 4” throw. So the inlets in the link is only 5.25” apart, a bit on the short side to install a check valve. 16.5 closed…

Am I limited to adding a valve to turn off the pressure to the valve, or is there a way to add a check valve other than mounted directly to the cylinder? I suppose I could hang one on the hoses, basically free mount it (or mount somewhere, and add hoses to the link), but that seems like it’s over complicated…

ideas, thoughts? I just got my top link installed, would like to hook up a side link as well, since I’m in there…

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hey folks, just curious…. Is there a check valve for short side links?
the side link for my tractor is short…. Only a 4” throw. So the inlets in the link is only 5.25” apart, a bit on the short side to install a check valve. 16.5 closed…

Am I limited to adding a valve to turn off the pressure to the valve, or is there a way to add a check valve other than mounted directly to the cylinder? I suppose I could hang one on the hoses, basically free mount it (or mount somewhere, and add hoses to the link), but that seems like it’s over complicated…

ideas, thoughts? I just got my top link installed, would like to hook up a side link as well, since I’m in there…
The valve can go anywhere in the hose run. You have two hoses in and two hoses out.

Dan

Dan

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
The valve can go anywhere in the hose run. You have two hoses in and two hoses out.

Dan

Dan
👆This is the only option I have found so far, and trust me I have been looking.

I suggest you just buy it with check valve already attached instead of messing with it.

My top link (the easy one) has turned out to be quite challenging to say the least.

Unless you are very well versed in hydraulics, just buy it, and be done with it.

Oh, and if you try to be a "hard headed fool" like me, and you happen to figure out where these short valves exist, post it up.

Paul

Jasonized

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 16, 2023
California coast
Got a call from Brian at Fit right hydraulics…. He sells custom check valves for the short guys…. That he keeps in stock!
Apparently he doesn’t make those parts, just the rest. So I will probably have my parts early next week (shipping takes time, after all).

So, the side link I purchased will probably work, just not as well a one Brian would have made, but at least much faster. Thanks Brian!

And for everyone else, thanks, and have a good day!

Reactions: 1 user

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Got a call from Brian at Fit right hydraulics…. He sells custom check valves for the short guys…. That he keeps in stock!
Apparently he doesn’t make those parts, just the rest. So I will probably have my parts early next week (shipping takes time, after all).

So, the side link I purchased will probably work, just not as well a one Brian would have made, but at least much faster. Thanks Brian!

And for everyone else, thanks, and have a good day!
Thanks for the heads up. (y) 🍻

I'm gonna call him when I get back in town.

DDCD

Equipment
1964 MF135, L2501
May 8, 2021
Oklahoma
I bought a ball valve from Brian for my side link. I can reach down from the seat and open or close it.

Jasonized

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 16, 2023
California coast
T
I bought a ball valve from Brian for my side link. I can reach down from the seat and open or close it.
That was an option; but I prefer to get it all linked. So the check valve is a cleaner configuration for me.

Jasonized

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 16, 2023
California coast
Yes, but that would've eliminated my float function.
well, yes, it would have. But since I don’t seem to have a use for the tilt to have a float function on my side link, I’m good!