Charging

skipper1

New member

Equipment
Front loader and back hoe
Sep 27, 2026
5
0
1
Ireland
I have charging problems. I'm new to tractors. I have a b7200 when I start it up am I supposed to return key to straight up at 12 o clock position when it's running or leave it at 12.05 position when running. Thank you
 

Russell King

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
8,001
3,143
113
Austin, Texas
The key needs to be in the ON position to supply voltage to the alternator for it to charge.

I don’t know specifics on your tractor but that is the first CW position on my old L185 then the next positions are headlight on then bright. When in the on position, before the engine is running the low oil pressure and low charge lights will be on. They then go out when the engine is running. But the tractor will still run when the key is in the off position, it just won’t be able to charge.
 

skipper1

New member

Equipment
Front loader and back hoe
Sep 27, 2026
5
0
1
Ireland
The key needs to be in the ON position to supply voltage to the alternator for it to charge.

I don’t know specifics on your tractor but that is the first CW position on my old L185 then the next positions are headlight on then bright. When in the on position, before the engine is running the low oil pressure and low charge lights will be on. They then go out when the engine is running. But the tractor will still run when the key is in the off position, it just won’t be able to charge.
Thanks russel much appreciated