charge-issue b1502-m

jonerik

Equipment
kubota B1502-M
Feb 18, 2021
norway
after searching around about my problem, i have some thoughts,
at idle, the dynamo/alternator doesnt charge at all, at det A-meter it shows that i use around 0.5A
at full throttle is car reach up to 4A charging,
i have replaced the chargelight with a led-light, but, thinking that maybe it has to be an correct wattage?
i just bougt the tractor ant it needed some new wire and a good service so am not sure it har worked before or not.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
You could remove the charging unit and have it checked at a starter / alternator repair shop. They can tell you whether it's putting out or not. If it's not putting out the fix may be as simple as diodes or brushes. It could be the voltage regulator, too. In any case the indicator light is just that - an indicator..

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
The charging light needs to be a 3 watt bulb not an LED.

There have been about three similar posts recently concerning the B**02 tractors which have no North American equivalent.

These tractors have dynamo's which rarely fail. Some have three wire dynamo's which were only seen on very early B5000 tractors in North America. These dynamo's produced three phase AC. One pair of the three wires goes directly to the light switch on the dash and all lighting on the tractor runs on AC not DC. Another pair of the dynamo output wires runs to a rectifier to produce DC to charge the battery.

The rectifier and another unidentified box are not used on North American products.

If yours is not charging, I would suspect the rectifier not the dynamo.

Dave

Reactions: 1 user

jonerik

Equipment
kubota B1502-M
Feb 18, 2021
norway
The charging light needs to be a 3 watt bulb not an LED.

There have been about three similar posts recently concerning the B**02 tractors which have no North American equivalent.

These tractors have dynamo's which rarely fail. Some have three wire dynamo's which were only seen on very early B5000 tractors in North America. These dynamo's produced three phase AC. One pair of the three wires goes directly to the light switch on the dash and all lighting on the tractor runs on AC not DC. Another pair of the dynamo output wires runs to a rectifier to produce DC to charge the battery.

The rectifier and another unidentified box are not used on North American products.

If yours is not charging, I would suspect the rectifier not the dynamo.

Dave
i tried with 2w and 4w bulb, no different, i checked all the cable, for me it was easier to just remove all cable and just mount a new DC-alternator, no i have correct charging and voltage is correct:)

Attachments

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
i tried with 2w and 4w bulb, no different, i checked all the cable, for me it was easier to just remove all cable and just mount a new DC-alternator, no i have correct charging and voltage is correct:)
Good job!

Just make certain the gauge or size of the wire from Alternator output is adequate for amps it will produce

Dave