Changing the TLB Thumb Control

rScotty

Equipment
Kubota M59, JD530, Deere 310SG
Aug 19, 2010
Colorado Mountains
Our M59 has the foot pedal operated thumb control.....and I'm guessing that other TLBs have the same.
It doesn't have the same sensitive control that the backhoe valves do, but tmaybe that is because of the geometery of the foot versus a hand control .

So far all I've done is to add a block of wood to change the pedal angle. But I keep wondering about putting a regular lever up by the other BH levers.

Has anyone modified their thumb control? What did you do?
rScotty

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Watching...

I wanted to switch out the manual valve to solenoid so I could put actuator buttons on my controls similar to the loader remotes. I have a hard time fitting my steel toe boots over the foot control, worse now because of the cab.

rScotty

Equipment
Kubota M59, JD530, Deere 310SG
Aug 19, 2010
Colorado Mountains
In time I expect to move the footcontol up so it works by a lever next to the standard BH levers. Then I can work it more delicately. It does have a tremendous amount of force, and my foot just isn't sensitive enough.

But for now, I'm just making a piece of wood that attaches to the top of the foot control and fits a boot better.

I feel kind of sorry for the person who designed that foot control. Judging by the shape he came up with, he must have a tough time finding shoes that fit.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Ive been looking along these lines

There were some cheap 1" stroke electric linear actuators on sale during covid but they were out of stock so I never picked any up. Replacing the valve bodies will be expensive.