Cell phone mount for open station tractor

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I recently installed another SCOSCHE mount in the new tractor. I'm a fan of their products having used their mounts for the past 5 years or so in my Jeep TJ and F250. The bottom photo shows the location I settled on. Out of the way, good view of my phone, and I get an extra bracket on which to push against when looking out of the rear window.

View attachment 73282

View attachment 73283
Is the phone clamped to the handle on your fender?

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Good day. In my free time I am an expedition traveler…I use a separate GPS for trail info…bounce around a lot and have tried multiple holders….I’ve tried gorilla pod, windshield suction cup, and ther is also a ram mount which fits in a cup holder. For me the cup holder is the most secure but on tractor would be vulnerable to tree limbs and difficult to answer the phone with mount attached. To avoid tree limbs, have you thought about a some sort of tiny haversack that you could loop the shoulder strap over the steering wheel and then the pouch would hang against the console in front of you? Would be protected and you could slip it out of the pouch pretty easily. Just a thought.

Goz63

Equipment
Kubota L2501, LA525 loader, QH15,Land Pride RCR1860, BB2560, SGC0660, forks
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi
I have an L3901. Mounted this motorcycle cell phone holder to the bucket joystick black plastic cover on right side. I like this mount bc it clamps the phone in, super stable.

Leagway Motorcycle Phone Holder, Motorcycle Motorbike Phone Mount Holder Handlebar for 3.5-6.5 inch iPhone 8 7 6 6s 7Plus 5 5s, Samsung Galaxy S5 S6 S7 S8 Smartphones, 360 Degree Rotation (Black)
Looked that one up on Amazon an not expensive at all. Got some bad reviews though on the arm not holding the phone in the desired position. Droops down. How has yours held up?

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Good day. In my free time I am an expedition traveler…I use a separate GPS for trail info…bounce around a lot and have tried multiple holders….I’ve tried gorilla pod, windshield suction cup, and ther is also a ram mount which fits in a cup holder. For me the cup holder is the most secure but on tractor would be vulnerable to tree limbs and difficult to answer the phone with mount attached. To avoid tree limbs, have you thought about a some sort of tiny haversack that you could loop the shoulder strap over the steering wheel and then the pouch would hang against the console in front of you? Would be protected and you could slip it out of the pouch pretty easily. Just a thought.
I did buy a phone pouch that I can clip on things. It works well for protection, but muffles the ring sound so it’s hard to hear when operating the machine.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Well, I guess I am old school. I just put my cell phone in my pants pocket and set it to vibrate when a call comes in.

A few years ago, maybe three, I was working on the house I bought next door, and did not think things out as far as what I was doing, and to make a long story short, I ended up falling about 11 feet onto the hard driveway, and learned the meaning of splat...the house is about 400 feet away from our main house.

BUT my cell phone was in my pocket, and I could call the wife, and said come over right away and drive me to the emergency room...

Just ended up with a broken heel on one foot, and other small cuts that were sewn up. Including some minor face plant issues. Never did find the lenses from my glasses, but the son in law did find the bent frames.

The orthopedic doctor commented "you must have good bone structure". At 70 years old or so at the time, I kind of agreed. LOL

So my take on it is keep the cell phone close to you in case the worse thing happens.

Reactions: 1 user

Goz63

Equipment
Kubota L2501, LA525 loader, QH15,Land Pride RCR1860, BB2560, SGC0660, forks
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi
I wear an Apple Watch so in an emergency I have that on my when I am out. As for keeping it in my pocket I don’t like to sit on it. It bends it too much.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I wear an Apple Watch so in an emergency I have that on my when I am out. As for keeping it in my pocket I don’t like to sit on it. It bends it too much.
Use the front pocket...LOL

Apple watch might be an alternative. Guess I am too low tech in that regard...

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Well, I guess I am old school. I just put my cell phone in my pants pocket and set it to vibrate when a call comes in.

A few years ago, maybe three, I was working on the house I bought next door, and did not think things out as far as what I was doing, and to make a long story short, I ended up falling about 11 feet onto the hard driveway, and learned the meaning of splat...the house is about 400 feet away from our main house.

BUT my cell phone was in my pocket, and I could call the wife, and said come over right away and drive me to the emergency room...

Just ended up with a broken heel on one foot, and other small cuts that were sewn up. Including some minor face plant issues. Never did find the lenses from my glasses, but the son in law did find the bent frames.

The orthopedic doctor commented "you must have good bone structure". At 70 years old or so at the time, I kind of agreed. LOL

So my take on it is keep the cell phone close to you in case the worse thing happens.
Good point.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Is the phone clamped to the handle on your fender?
I don't have a phone mount on the open station, only the cabbed model. The open station handle on the fender doesn't have a circular cross section but this model looks like it'd work great by clamping to the handle. The magnet in the mount is very strong and the phone won't fall off or move.

Motorcycle Strong Phone Mount TerraClamp (scosche.com)

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
I use my phone all the time on my tractor, music or podcast but I like to keep it in my pocket. Just a personal preference. I’m sure there’s plenty of nice mounts out there.

i was looking to mount one on my motorcycle and came across an article on phone cameras being damaged due to the vibration. Also, I’ve had my phone overheat from sitting in direct sun. But to each there own, just my two cents.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I use mine all the time to listen to music and I got tired of it falling out of my pocket so I got an Arkon mount. Works great and it can be adjusted out of the way. Need a second one for the B1700

Attachments

Plant 175

Equipment
Kubota Sidekick
Jun 3, 2021
Wisconsin
Ok you fans of the Scosche can you put the magnet on the phone and use a Otter Case or don’t you think that would work ?

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I always keep my phone in my pocket. I like to have it when I get off the tractor or whatnot. Seems like on the tractor I lose bluetooth easily (earbuds). One exception is when my phone is dead and I need to have it plugged in. I put in USB on the tractor, and it's fast-charge, too, but I can't have a cord running from the tractor into my pocket. I can't be tethered like that and I'd likely snap the connector off in my phone.
I like the mounts, but nothing there protects the phone from the elements. I can't leave my phone out and plugged in when I'm snowblowing. In the summer the dust can get so bad, I don't want to leave it out to get covered in that.
Right now I just have an armband holder that I wrap around the handle. It works decently, but it's a pain in the butt to change music or answer calls or texts. I definitely want to come up with something better.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Ok you fans of the Scosche can you put the magnet on the phone and use a Otter Case or don’t you think that would work ?
The magnet is built into the mount. It's a thin metal plate that attaches to the back of the phone or case. I had an Otter case (that I wore out) and had the magnet on the back of the phone and the magnet was strong enough to hold the phone through the case. I replaced the case with a different brand and now have the plate on the back of the case rather than the phone. I have three mounts and a whole bunch of extra but redundant plates.

Scosche is the bees knees in terms of magnetic mounts. I've been using the one in the new tractor and it's perfect.

Plant 175

Equipment
Kubota Sidekick
Jun 3, 2021
Wisconsin
I have a B2601 and I’m not sure where to mount a Scocshe on the tractor. I’m also interested in Arkon mount