CD stuck in the truck radio

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yup it's stuck push the eject and all there is, is a clicking sound from the unit. Yes I have tried the sticky tape and using another CD to lift it and a credit card and I don't have anything small enough to reach in a grab it while Im pushing the eject button,, Other than taking the radio out of the dash, which does not excite me anybody know some way to get it out,, oh yeah its a GM radio

Stumpy

Equipment
L175
Dec 1, 2011
NE Ohio
Hummm computer drives have a slot you can stick a paper clip in to manually eject the tray but I don't know if a car cd player will have one. A quick google search didn't turn up any better ideas than what you've tried, you might be out of luck.

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
sometimes just inside the slot the cd slides into there's a small tab… use the paper clip or very small screw driver to push it...

Ikeroberts

Equipment
2009 Kubota BX2360, 09 Ringo 8000lb dual axle trailer, 09 Mitsubishi Raider 6cyl
Nov 9, 2012
MountainTop, PA
another forum suggested pulling the radio fuse. wait 2 minutes and put it back in. this will reset the radio and may get the disc out.

76_Bronco

Equipment
B7200 4WD w/FEL, 4' disc, 4' Brush Hog, 14" Plow, 4' Blade, JD 246 2 row Planter
Mar 28, 2012
Rainsville, Al
The radio in my 03 GMC had the same problem until I read this thread a little while ago. Mine would click about fifteen times after pressing eject and give up, but I've never took the time to check it out until today. So grab your flashlight, your wife's tweezers, and your reading glasses if your over 40 :) Turn on your ignition and radio, then insert the tweezers into the CD slot right above the hour indicator of your clock, look for a black tab about a 1/4" wide, put the tweezers on top of the tab and press it down, then hit the eject button. It may take several trys to get it to eject but it eventually will. WARNING! Getting your CD out doesn't mean the problen is fixed, because you will have to press that tab down to remove every CD from now on. I'm gonna try to use a CD to press that tab down next time, and hopfully I'll get good enough at it to swap them out while driving down the road.:D