caution flasher problem b1750

mtnsheep

Oct 10, 2010
Gainesville, GA,
My b1750 had a odd problem this weekend after bush hogging for 4 hours. When i turned off the ignition i noticed a regular ticking sound continued. I listened and found that the relay switch ( little black box) that is below the external flasher know, was ticking like the flashers were on. I disconnected it at the plug and all stopped. Does this means the relay is dead? Or is there another problem?

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
My b1750 had a odd problem this weekend after bush hogging for 4 hours. When i turned off the ignition i noticed a regular ticking sound continued. I listened and found that the relay switch ( little black box) that is below the external flasher know, was ticking like the flashers were on. I disconnected it at the plug and all stopped. Does this means the relay is dead? Or is there another problem?
Did you wash off the tractor after mowing? If it is like a BX the switches are not waterproof and short to "on" until they dry up.

A switch could just be bad causing the "on" condition.

The relay/flasher sounds like it is working correctly. Check to see if the plug that is connected to the dash switch has voltage that is running into the flasher. There should be no voltage when the switch is off.

If you never normally use the flasher just leave it unplugged and go on your merry way.