Category for Newbies

average_gardener

Equipment
Kubota L1501,Tiller 48,Finish Mower 48,Disc 48,Blade 48, Bush Hog 48, etc
Apr 17, 2011
Keithville, la, usa
I think that it would be nice to have a category for newbies to introduce themselves. I think that it would be a good place for the old timers to introduce newbies like myself. Thanks

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
When I read the topic I thought about something else. I remember 6 or 12 month ago when I was also daily logged in the forum and there was a feeling, with some other members that we built up a group. It was very nice and informative. But since the community has grown so big, we get a lot of traffic from people who ask only for their little problem and after that it's silence. So there is no grouping or getting sort of 'friends'. It's just the internet attitude of taking.
Maybe I have this feeling allown, or the German culture is different :rolleyes: but I would like to know if I am the only one and if not, if we want to do or can do something about it.
I don't know, maybe something like a 'club' part in the forum, where everybody can still read but moderated access for writing, something more social.
It was a great culture in spring 2011.

carl

KUBOTA4900

Equipment
KUBOTA M4900SDC & LA100C LOADER,PALLET FORKS,BRUSH HOG BOX SCRAPER 3PT HITCH
Feb 3, 2013
durango colo la plata co
;);)im new n hav had some great advise n just reading info all together inda repairs isle oil leak isle 17 hahaha but excellent idea 4 the web page i own a kubota m 4900 n hav had great advise on how to do it yourself areas great job to every1 involved n as a newbee a special shout out to the mor advanced/experienced mechanics personal advise people:):):)

Frank46

Equipment
L3800 La524 loader
Nov 4, 2013
new Iberia,LA
Great idea. I'm a newbie and appreciated the warm welcome I received when I first posted on this forum. Plus since I'm new to Kobuta I like the experiences that fellow forum members here have to draw on and help out the new members. The dealer I bought my tractor from has the same last name of a good friend we know. I asked him about it and turned out to be his brother. Sometimes living in a small town is a good thing. And he was very helpful with my questions. The green place on the other hand wanted them to pickup my machine at $65 just to adjust the friction part of the throttle lever. I got ticked off and took it apart. Just a washer and a bolt that rubs on the plastic shell around the steering column. And that place is as dead as a 100 year old tomb. Frank

thirdroc17

Dec 25, 2013
Michigan
I just drove myself nuts looking around the forum where I said hi. Finally gave up and searched for posts I'd made. OOPS! I never posted one. I'm on several forums, some single brand, some multi, and I mentioned having a new Kubota on them, but not here. :eek:

A few days ago, after many years of nothing but red tractors in my barn, this showed up in my driveway:

BX-2670, with snowblower and for next summer, a 60" mower deck.

dmignogno

Equipment
BX25D, Woods RB60 Backblade, loader forks, BX42S Chipper
Aug 5, 2013
Lincoln, DE
I think this is a good idea. I also think posting your location is good in case you have a problem and someone in you area wants to lend a handle. Like minded people work better together.