Castered Three Point Hitch

FishLife

Nov 28, 2018
Destin, Fl
I Bought a B6100 back in the fall to move some trailers around in my driveway that is hard to maneuver with my dually. The tractor moves my boat and equipment trailers just fine but doesnt have enough strength at the TPH to lift the 900 pound tongue weight of the camper. I came up with an idea of putting casters under the hitch to carry the load. The tractor would only be doing the pushing and pulling. I borrowed a hitch to try my idea to see if it would work before I went out and bought one. I realized that I would need to modify the hitch to have some adjustability. The cost of the hitch from the local dealer was about $180. I still would have to modify it to work for my needs and strip all the green powder. So I decided to build one. The square tubes are 2x2x3/16 the plate is 2.5x3/8. The casters came from tractor supply and are 8” with a 900 pound capacity each. I needed a way to bend the plate so first I had to built a press brake. I have wanted one for a while so I finally had a good reason now to make it. It is basically a copy of the brake sold by Swag Off-road. With all the material to build the brake and the hitch the cost was $160. I still have to powder coat it.

Attachments