Can't identify this tiller

E-clip

Equipment
B6000, FEL, Tiller, Grader box
Apr 27, 2011
Lotus, CA
Anyone out there know what brand tiller I have? Model number on the ID plate is worn. I don't think it's a Kubota product by closer inspection of the plate. The inside width measures 34 inches. Prop shaft has 10 splines.
It came with my B6000, the owner said it dug up rocks like a beast. All I know is that it's real heavy! Two guys couldn't lift it, I had to use a come-along to winch it in the truck.
The one on the dirt is mine. The other pic is off an East Coast classified add with no description but it looks the same as mine.

Attachments

Last edited:

cpwall23

Apr 21, 2011
greeleyville,sc
About the only thing I could make out on the tag was Harvard, Il. The only company I could find there was General Power equipment, which sold under many brands until bought by MTD. the line above looks like harvard, or maybe howard something co. inc. couldnt' find anything else.. maybe it'll help

300zx

Equipment
1979 B7100D, 2009 ZG20, 1991 B2150, 1990 B6200
Dec 1, 2010
Forest, VA
Here is a Howard Rotovator I just restored this last winter.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110263893958737890068/HowardTiller?authkey=Gv1sRgCJnsl_Cpkt6P1gE#

It doesn't look like the one in your picture, but the name tag does look like it is a Howard manufactured in Harvard, Ill, the same as my model tag states. Mine is 38" tip to tip and came with a 1979 B7100 I bought last fall out of Ann Arbor, MI. It is not as heavy as you have said yours is, but my experience as well as everything I have read about them is that they are a great tiller. My tines are the same as my Troybilt Horse, only 28 vs 16. When I got in touch with the Howard rep, he gave me the name of my regional distributor which was: Gaston Sealey Company, Fairmont, NC, Phone 800-542-9012. I have replaced the gearbox seals and one bearing. They were all SAE and common enough that I got them locally. I think the design came out of Europe, specifically England.

E-clip

Equipment
Apr 27, 2011
Lotus, CA
Thank you all very much for the leads and links concerning my tiller.

I'll eventually use it for food plots. My property doesn't have many flat spaces, it's very hilly but for what few flat spaces I have, I think I can put it to good use with this tiller.

I found a YouTube that looks close to the one I have

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKR6nPpeJ0o

E-clip

Equipment
Apr 27, 2011
Lotus, CA
Question for 300ZX.

I noticed the built up welds you put on the tines. I'm guessing that it makes em last longer, but could you please elaborate? Did you use a MIG? What grade wire?

Your tiller looks brand new by the way! Real nice!