Can't get hydraulic line to stay in rear outlet

huntersprings

Equipment
M4800
Dec 7, 2014
Taft, TN USA
Just got my 4800 back from Kubota yesterday after having rear remotes installed. Bought a new pull type cutter from COOP today and ready to mow. Problem is I can't get the hydraulic line to stay in the outlet. When it appears locked, I try to raise or lower the mower and the line pops out on the ground. Never used hydraulic lines before. What am I doing wrong?

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
When you push the male end in, does it just pull-fall back out? It should lock in and stay in. It almost sounds like you might have the wrong male ends. :(

Are you using the male ends that Kubota supplied?:confused:

Central Joe

Equipment
B7100 Grading Blade Disc Roto Tiller Scarifer Rake 48" Finish Mower
Mar 26, 2015
South Carolina
I have had the smallest piece of grit keep a 1" line from going in far enough to lock. joe

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Try this: First, chain up mower to keep it from dropping, then take a punch, insert into female fitting of mower wrap in a shop towel, and slam it sharply on something hard, to relieve pressure in the line. Wrap the male end, the same way, and do the same thing. Clean all ends, turn tractor off if it is still running, and try to reconnect. Make sure to protect yourself from any dropping of mower, and from any accidental spray of hyd oil, onto your skin or eyes. Hyd oil, under pressure can cause an oil embolism under the skin, and these are serious...

huntersprings

Equipment
M4800
Dec 7, 2014
Taft, TN USA
When you push the male end in, does it just pull-fall back out? It should lock in and stay in. It almost sounds like you might have the wrong male ends. :(

Are you using the male ends that Kubota supplied?:confused:
The line from the cutter is a COOP brand and not from Kubota. The outlets are Kubota brand. Wouldn't have thought it could make a difference and thought the dimensions would be universal? The inlet (male from the cutter) and the outlet are both brand new and clean. I've used air and water fittings that are under pressure and thought this would be the same. I've pushed fast, slow, hard and twisted. When the line would appear locked, I wasn't able to pull it backward to remove it. But when I try to adjust the height, it would pop out. Any suggestions before I go to Kubota and have them tell me that I need a Kubota brand hydrolic line and fittings?

Humblebub

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX 2370 with MMW, FEL and snow blower
I had something similar on FEL on my 2370. (Not saying this is your issue but passing along). Despite appearing to be tight the connection was not. I could tug on it and appeared tight. I finally used a dowel and hammer and gave the fitting a firm tap. The was an audible click and all good.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
The line from the cutter is a COOP brand and not from Kubota. The outlets are Kubota brand. Wouldn't have thought it could make a difference and thought the dimensions would be universal? The inlet (male from the cutter) and the outlet are both brand new and clean. I've used air and water fittings that are under pressure and thought this would be the same. I've pushed fast, slow, hard and twisted. When the line would appear locked, I wasn't able to pull it backward to remove it. But when I try to adjust the height, it would pop out. Any suggestions before I go to Kubota and have them tell me that I need a Kubota brand hydrolic line and fittings?
I agree that you would think that the fittings would be all the same, at least in each size category, they are not, there are several types that at a glance look the same, but in reality are different and will not interchange (connect) properly.

I typically provide 1/2" ISO 5675 compatible fittings for Kubota rear remotes.

As others have suggested, try relieving the pressure from the mower end and see if that makes a difference.

Good luck.