Canopy??

rongarrett

Equipment
M7040 SU
Nov 10, 2011
Newnan Georgia
Geez, I had no trouble getting one for my M6040, but maybe you are talking about a different series?
Dunno, but I think all the M series take the same canopy? Not sure about that. One local supplier said that he sold a ton of the smaller canopys, but to get one canopy he had to order five and just did not stock the larger one. I have been waiting three months for the dealer I bought the tractor from to get one. Still no word. The sun gives me fits during the summer. I need a canopy to relieve some of that situation. Thought I may just find a used one lurking around the forum somewhere.

ETRon

Equipment
M6040
Aug 4, 2010
Tellico Plains, TN
I bought my aluminum canopy from the dealer where I bought the tractor (Mason in Blueridge). They sold that in addition to the standard Kubota model and it was less expensive. I figured as well, knowing my luck with overhead branches a metal one would probably work better for me. I know Mason has several dealerships in GA, is there one near you?

bota dude

Equipment
FEL, mower
Aug 9, 2010
richmond texas
Have U considered making your own. Check out mine. I made it of 1/8" steel sheet metal for the brackets, 3/4" steel square tubing frame & 1/8" diamond plate aluminum sheet on the top. I doubt I have more than $40.00 in it.

Attachments

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
My brother made one for his Kubota out of a large aluminum sign. It worked really well till we drug it down the Interstate on a trailer at 70 mph........

The tractor stayed put, the canopy didn't?

DBCSteve

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL, box scraper, Artillian forks & grapple, GR 2120 mower
Jul 23, 2011
Snohomish, WA
I found a great after market canopy manufacturer through this forum, with canopy, frame and brackets delivered for about $250. But I think I'll make my own similar to the one posted by bota dude. Looks great!

DBCSteve

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL, box scraper, Artillian forks & grapple, GR 2120 mower
Jul 23, 2011
Snohomish, WA
If I could get one for 250.00 delivered with mounting hardware I would jump on it. Care to share your info?
vrongarrett@gmail.com
Ron -- I decided to post the link for the benefit of anyone else reading this thread. I did a quick search on this web site and found this link:

http://www.mowercanopies.com/

Same place I saw before. Canopies are $239 plus $40 shipping, with free personalized name or message on canopy. Looks like a decent product. It does not specifically mention the M series, but click on the WILL IT FIT MY TRACTOR link and you will find more info and a statement that their canopies will fit just about anything. You may want to send 'em an email or call to confirm.

Steve

Last edited:

rongarrett

Equipment
M7040 SU
Nov 10, 2011
Newnan Georgia
Ron -- I decided to post the link for the benefit of anyone else reading this thread. I did a quick search on this web site and found this link:

http://www.mowercanopies.com/

Same place I saw before. Canopies are $239 plus $40 shipping, with free personalized name or message on canopy. Looks like a decent product. It does not specifically mention the M series, but click on the WILL IT FIT MY TRACTOR link and you will find more info and a statement that their canopies will fit just about anything. You may want to send 'em an email or call to confirm.

Steve
happy to say my dealer finally came thru with a very good canopy. Fiberglass, 48 X 64", Comes with all mounting hardware. Also has yellow reflectors in front and red in back. Will post pics in couple of days soon as it quits raining here.

rongarrett

Equipment
M7040 SU
Nov 10, 2011
Newnan Georgia
happy to say my dealer finally came thru with a very good canopy. Fiberglass, 48 X 64", Comes with all mounting hardware. Also has yellow reflectors in front and red in back. Will post pics in couple of days soon as it quits raining here.
Added angle braces to canopy today so it could not possibly move. Next up adding rear view mirrors. Pics soon.