Can one rebuild the D750 into a D950 engine?

JosephGozo

Equipment
Kubota B7001 + an ever growing list of attachments (restored / homemade) :(
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
hello,

I understand that the D750, D950 share the same mountings and block too I am guessing. If I am correct would it be possible to rebuild a D750 to D950 spec?

thanks
joseph

Workerbee

Equipment
Zd21
Mar 1, 2020
MN
Id think by the time you bored it out and bought pistons and rings you would have as much in it as just buying a D950. And if you went to the troubles, are you sure the heads are the same or would the 950 have bigger valves?

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Have you been reading Harry Potter lately? I hear Transfiguration is one of the most difficult courses at Hogwarts.

Joking aside, you can do anything you want, it will just cost a little more and take a little longer.

Personally I'd rather spend the money on a new tractor. I already have too many expensive hobbies.

JosephGozo

Equipment
Kubota B7001 + an ever growing list of attachments (restored / homemade) :(
Nov 25, 2014
Malta
Have you been reading Harry Potter lately? I hear Transfiguration is one of the most difficult courses at Hogwarts.

Joking aside, you can do anything you want, it will just cost a little more and take a little longer.

Personally I'd rather spend the money on a new tractor. I already have too many expensive hobbies.
It was just a thought. I do not mind doing the work myself and i know that parts may be different all together. I was running the tractor lately with a possible slipping fan belt and it was reading hot on the gauge. On one occasion oil lamp was flickering :( (it has a belt driven water pump installed too)

I cannot see myself parting with the little one. He is quite a great work horse (even if I abuse him) and great help on my hobby farm. Treated him to a full refurb two summers ago and also a gearbox rebuilt upon a chipped PTO tooth. I am happy with the devil I know :D

I will keep my eyes peeled for used D950s. A brand new D850 from Greece would cost me around 2300Euros without shipping. Doesn't seem they have D950s though.

cheers
joe

Attachments