Can i run r1 tires on front and turf on rear bx tractor

billback

Equipment
bx 2200
Dec 9, 2011
mt pleasant ,pa
Can i run r1 tires on front and turf on rear of a bx tractor? It had turf tires all the way around ,thought i would buy r1 ag tread on new wheels for the front for snow. And leave the turf on rear, but the new ag tires are total height of 18" and the turf tires i took off are a total height of 17". Do you think this will harm the 4wd system. I dought it was cause a problem in snow and mud.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Can i run r1 tires on front and turf on rear of a bx tractor? It had turf tires all the way around ,thought i would buy r1 ag tread on new wheels for the front for snow. And leave the turf on rear, but the new ag tires are total height of 18" and the turf tires i took off are a total height of 17". Do you think this will harm the 4wd system. I dought it was cause a problem in snow and mud.

Bill,

what tractor we talking about? bx?

the ol rolling circumference is the trick here........if the 17" was right, then 18" will be about 3.141 difference.....that % would be enough to hurt the ol 4x4 feelings...........

snow or mud you will be fine, hard ground or pavement and someone will make a funny noise !:D