Can i make this 48” County line tiller work with my bx23s?

bgiff

Jun 5, 2017
San Andreas, CA
I have a bx23s, i just bought and finish the assembling a countyline 48” tiller from Tractor Supply. Unfortunately, there does not appear to be enough distance between the tractor and the implement to have a safe pto driveshaft length. I was wondering if adding a quick hitch would push it back far enough to use this model? (I subsequently found that County Line recomends a different unit for the 23s, I thought all 48” 3 point cat 1 implements were compatible...:(

Attachments

ranger danger

Equipment
Kubota M6060, MEB 802A tactically quiet generator
Jun 11, 2017
East of Placerville Ca
You will gain 5" if you install a Pat's quick connect to it. You will also gain a super easy way to change from implement to implement. All for about $200!!
I love mine!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I have a bx23s, i just bought and finish the assembling a countyline 48” tiller from Tractor Supply. Unfortunately, there does not appear to be enough distance between the tractor and the implement to have a safe pto driveshaft length. I was wondering if adding a quick hitch would push it back far enough to use this model? (I subsequently found that County Line recomends a different unit for the 23s, I thought all 48” 3 point cat 1 implements were compatible...:(
What is the difference between the two tillers? A quick hitch will set you back about 4-5 inches. Are your other implements QH compatible?

ranger danger

Equipment
Jun 11, 2017
East of Placerville Ca
What is the difference between the two tillers? A quick hitch will set you back about 4-5 inches. Are your other implements QH compatible?
Virtually all 3 point attachments are Pat's compatible.

Cglaza

Equipment
L2500DT, BX2380, G6200H
Aug 30, 2015
Freeland, mi
Orrrrr you can cut the shaft to the correct length for freeeeee. You can find a video on Youtube on how to correctly cut it. Don't worry, it's normal to have to cut them.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user

ranger danger

Equipment
Jun 11, 2017
East of Placerville Ca
Orrrrr you can cut the shaft to the correct length for freeeeee. You can find a video on Youtube in haw to correctly cut it. Don't worry, it's normal to have to cut them.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
The problem is the shaft is to short already.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
I scrapped my Pat's QH. Only good if you have a lot of old equipment that wasn't designed for QH. Pat's has bolts that clamp onto the sides of the lift arms, you lose the twisting compensation of the ball joints. Pat's will angle outward then inward depending on lift arm position.

A true 3pt QH does not clamp onto the lift arms, the ball joints are allowed to rotate as needed. No flexing forces are applied to lifting pins on implement. Some equipment will need to be modified to work with QH, when done is a rather nice system yo work with. SSSQA on lift arms is even better.

True QH may give you a longer reach, something you definitely need for this tiller. Is it possible to find a smaller slip clutch?

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
The pictured shaft does need to be cut down. Agreed that it will work if there is not to much difference between the long and short distances the PTO shaft needs between the extremes of the travel of the 3 point.

Either quick hitch just allows more room for error when you cut the shaft to fit.

And remember you must cut a little off of both pieces of the PTO shaft.

miketrock

Nov 25, 2019
Pa
no, the driveshaft is too long , not enough space. he needs to cut it down. look at the pics. yes, its normal to cut them down, they ship them a bit long then they will work in every application, you cut to size.

Reactions: 1 user

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
Neither of your pictures show the entire tiller but I presume it is the same one I have.

I use a Rural King quick hitch on my BX and the tiller works great with it once you install the QH pin bushings.

You can get an idea of how much I shortened the shaft by the label that was cut through.

Tilled for seven hours with it today. :D

Attachments

bgiff

Jun 5, 2017
San Andreas, CA
Neither of your pictures show the entire tiller but I presume it is the same one I have.

I use a Rural King quick hitch on my BX and the tiller works great with it once you install the QH pin bushings.

You can get an idea of how much I shortened the shaft by the label that was cut through.

https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=389117

Thank you so much, i thought i was gonna have to try and return it. I’m well aware that PTO shafts usually have to be cut, but the directions said i had to have a MINIMUM of 6” overlap at full extension, theres no way I would have 6” after cutting it short enough to stay inside the short lift arm/3 point assembly that kubota supplies. And when the inplement is lifted, it would definitely bind up the ujoints. I was going to try the harbor freight QH but I will insteadget the rural king version with the bushings.

I have resisted putting a QH on because the only other implement ihaduntil today was the scraper box and the included backhoe, (the QH doesnt help with the backhoe) Anyway, thanks to all who gave advice, much appreciated.

bgiff

Jun 5, 2017
San Andreas, CA

What bushings did you have to get btw?

magnum63

Equipment
bx 2380
Dec 29, 2019
NC
I don't know about longer lift arms.The further back you move the implement the less weight your 3 point will pick up.Look at the quick hitch Fro65 showed in his picture.It moves the implement back probably 4 to 5 inches.Makes it much easier to hook and unhook your implements.If all your implements are quick hitch ready it is great.Some of these hitches will reguire the bushing on the implement pins,some hitches don't.I have a Landpride QH05 that don't require it.There are a few videos on youtube that shows that tiller on a BX and seems to handle it fine.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Hard to tell from your pictures, but is it possible to un-bolt the lower pins and flip them inward?

That would narrow up your lower lift arms and push the tiller back a couple/few inches.