Can anyone post some photos of a gc60 grass catcher installed on a b series?

SPARTY

Sep 22, 2016
SE MICH
Hi all.

Trying to remember how to install my grass catcher.

Can anyone post some photos of the bagger frame connecting to the back of the tractor ? I’m particularly interested in the link arms/lift arms configuration.

In anyone else can chime in without photos. Please feel free to comment

Thanks

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Hi all.

Trying to remember how to install my grass catcher.

Can anyone post some photos of the bagger frame connecting to the back of the tractor ? I***8217;m particularly interested in the link arms/lift arms configuration.

In anyone else can chime in without photos. Please feel free to comment

Thanks
I have a GC60B grass catcher for my B1750HST, though it is not installed.

I also have the owners manual, though not in digital form. It's 15 pages long and I've not scanned anything for years but will try to scan it and email it to you is no one posts photos.

I'm going outside to do the 50 hour service on my M9950 now so will be busy for awhile. I'll check back when I am finished.

SDT

Last edited:

SPARTY

Sep 22, 2016
SE MICH
Thanks for the help. I have the manual here and it’s telling me to replace the lower 3 pt arms with shorter 3 point arms- I think to allow the mmm to raise but not push the longer arm into the bag

That is the issue I believe. I can’t find the shorter arms and none of the parts books show the shorter arms with a part number

If u can post some photos and take some measurements of those shorter arms it would be appreciated. I might try fabricating a set

Thanks

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Thanks for the help. I have the manual here and it***8217;s telling me to replace the lower 3 pt arms with shorter 3 point arms- I think to allow the mmm to raise but not push the longer arm into the bag

That is the issue I believe. I can***8217;t find the shorter arms and none of the parts books show the shorter arms with a part number

If u can post some photos and take some measurements of those shorter arms it would be appreciated. I might try fabricating a set

Thanks
Yes, you must remove the lift arms and replace them with the short replacements. I have no viable way of posting photos and my grass catcher is not attached.

That said, the short arms should be available from Kubota, though finding part numbers for so-called "whole goods" items is difficult for most parts counter folks and they will likely tell you that they cannot do so. Such parts must be accessed in a different manner, oftentimes not authorized by dealership employees other than sales people who will likely have little if any interest in helping you.

SDT

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
A Couple of Options

Thanks for the help. I have the manual here and it’s telling me to replace the lower 3 pt arms with shorter 3 point arms- I think to allow the mmm to raise but not push the longer arm into the bag

That is the issue I believe. I can’t find the shorter arms and none of the parts books show the shorter arms with a part number

Thanks
I just looked at the short "lift arms" for the GC60B grass catcher for my B1750, and can offer a couple of options.

Firstly, I am a VERY good customer at my local CNH/Kubota dealer, which is only 5 miles away. I'm on first name basis with everyone there and they like me a lot. I may be able to come up with Kubota part numbers for the needed arms, but it could be mid week before I am there next.

Secondly, though sometimes troublesome I can probably use my old computer and old camera to take photos of my short arms and email them to you.

Let me know if either will help. If you want photos and measurements, let me know what you need and make sure that your email is open. The arms are rather simple.

Now is a good time, as I am just letting the sumps on my M9960 drain before refilling with new lubricants. I usually allow things to drain overnight.

Be advised, my GC60B is for 60" mower on a B1750HST. Perhaps the short arms are the same for all applications but I'm not certain.

SDT

SPARTY

Sep 22, 2016
SE MICH
Great!

I think to save you the hassle of trying to get photos which probably is a pain, i think dimensions are ok at this time (thickness, width, overall length and c-c distance between the pivot hole and the lift rod hole.

Does the arm have a ball socket like the longer arms?

Does the arm have a place to connect a check chain?

Is the shorter arm straight or is it bent in some fashion

If anything (part no not available), I could fabricate something out of 5/8 thick steel

If you are going to your local kubota dealer anyways, it would be really helpful if they could scrounge up a part number for you.

Thanks for your help.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Great!

I think to save you the hassle of trying to get photos which probably is a pain, i think dimensions are ok at this time (thickness, width, overall length and c-c distance between the pivot hole and the lift rod hole.

If anything (part no not available), I could fabricate something out of 5/8 thick steel

If you are going to your local kubota dealer anyways, it would be really helpful if they could scrounge up a part number for you.

Thanks for your help.
Turning in now but will reply tomorrow.

SDT

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Great!

Thanks for your help.
Following is a description of the GC60B short arms. Note: All measurements are approximate but should suffice. The original dimensions are probably metric. My measurements are taken by a ruler in mms.

Initially, L & R arms are identical. One is installed upside-worn relative to the other.

There is no provision for mounting check chains but there is a single hole on the rear end of the arm of about 13-14 mm. The outside of the hole is about 5 mm from the end of the arm. The arm end is radiused. The upper lift arms connect here.

There is no ball and socket as is part of the three point lift arms. Rather there is a tubular collar welded to the flat steel arm at an angle of approximately 10 degrees to the arm. The collar is 35 mm long, 35 mm OD and 22 mm ID (same as ID of three point lift arm ball). Wall thickness is about 7mm.

The overall length of the arm is about 280 mm, measured to the OD of the angled collar at the center of the arm and center of the collar length.

The arm is made from flat steel 50 mm wide and 10 mm thick.

That's about the best that I can do without a photograph. Post back for clarification if you have questions.

I've fired up the old computer and taken photographs but do not know how to post photos here. School me and I'll post them.

SDT

Last edited:

SPARTY

Sep 22, 2016
SE MICH
hello

PM sent with email for pictures which is probably easier for you to do rather than uploading them here

Thx.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Great!

Thanks for your help.
OK, Sparty. I have the photos on the old computer, and have logged into orangetractortalks on the old computer as well.

I need to learn how to post photos so will use this as a learning experience. There should be three photos.

Hopefully this will help.

I will also try to come up with the part numbers but it will lilely be later in the week.

SDT

Attachments

SPARTY

Sep 22, 2016
SE MICH
confirmed - three photos attached. - you will become a Bill Gates yet...

Thanks for your assistance. Let me know if you make any headway at the dealer. I'm going to push on my end to try to get a part number somewhere.

Thanks

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN

Thanks for your assistance. Let me know if you make any headway at the dealer. I'm going to push on my end to try to get a part number somewhere.

Thanks
Glad to help, and I needed to learn how to post photos, anyway.

I'll follow up on the part numbers Tuesday or Thursday.

SDT

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Part Number

Thanks
It's your lucky day.

The Kubota part number for the short arms used on the GC60B is 76710-55301. The arm is called a support link (2 required) and they are still available from Kubota.

I found only a single part number so it appears that the same arm is used on all GC60B grass catchers, regardless of tractor model.

The retain price is $11.63/ea, which sounds quite reasonable.

HTH.

SDT