Camp build

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Maybe a brief outline of plan/scope of work?

We're doing something similar on our property in the SE Ohio Appalachian foothills.
What part of Ohio? I am from Noble County.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Just thinking about building another camp, and I remember my Great Uncle built one up on lake Erie. After they laid it all out set the posts, Him and my Aunt had a garage kit from I think 84 lumber it think. as I recall,,,I was pretty young then... I think was 30x30 all wall pieces were already cut, the roof trusses were cut and laid out. I think between him, dad and 2 cousins they had it up and the trusses set in a long weekend. Following weekend the roof went on and the plumbing and wireing started. I think were I to do a camp that is how I would go, everything precut numbered and ready to get nailed together. just a thought

8upbowhunter

Equipment
L4701 FEL, Cutter, Discs and Land Plane
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
Had rain most of the day today but got a break this evening and got the last exterior wall up. Hope to trim out the rough openings for the door and windows tomorrow. Pulled a tape corner to corner and it’s perfectly square, just have to straighten out the walls on top in a couple places.

Attachments

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Yup, I got some of your rain today and there is more forecast for tomorrow and Wednesday.

Because of the rain, I am waiting to go back to my Cabin until Thursday. I will be making repairs to bridges that were damaged during this Spring's heavy rains and flooding. I got everything bushhogged this past Friday & Saturday. I am trying to get everything ship shape for the 4th.

8upbowhunter

Equipment
L4701 FEL, Cutter, Discs and Land Plane
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
Yep yesterday was pretty nasty for the most part but we were at least able to accomplish something. We will probably be here for the week of the 4th working, trying to get a roof on it asap.