Camera to mount on loader

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I'd like to find an inexpensive camera to install on my tree sheer. I've made a modification to be able to pull smaller growth brush and tree instead of shearing and spraying. Since I'm working with small sprouts sometime I need something to aim right at the shear.

Wireless would be nice so I could us it other places, but it's not an absolute on my list. Don't think I need a big screen, but my main concern is will be able to see the screen in the daylight since the monitor would be on the dash of an open station tractor.

Give me some idea of what you have used for a camera, pluses and minuses. What you liked, disliked or would do different. Thanks.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I bought one of those amazonian chinese clone "4 camera systems" that came with 1 wireless camera and a 7" LCD for use with my tree spade. It works well and has a good wireless video signal and resolution but I wish I had a 9" screen. I tried adding a camera and found out these POS systems all use proprietary wireless signals and are incompatible even between the same brand.

My advice is buy a system with as many cameras as you think you may need and the bigger display.

I have a cab so in daylight the display is still readable. I wish now I bought a system with two cameras and mount one for the back of the tractor.

Note: I contacted the amazon vendor about adding a camera and found out the each system isn't really expandable because you can't find compatible cameras for sale on their own. The vendor sent me a 4" display wireless camera system as a "free gift" to make up for not being able to add a second camera. I ended up putting it on my UTV as a hitch camera. The 4" display is next to useless IMHO unless I get out my reading glasses.

Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I bought one of those amazonian chinese clone "4 camera systems" that came with 1 wireless camera and a 7" LCD for use with my tree spade. It works well and has a good wireless video signal and resolution but I wish I had a 9" screen. I tried adding a camera and found out these POS systems all use proprietary wireless signals and are incompatible even between the same brand.

My advice is buy a system with as many cameras as you think you may need and the bigger display.

I have a cab so in daylight the display is still readable. I wish now I bought a system with two cameras and mount one for the back of the tractor.

Note: I contacted the amazon vendor about adding a camera and found out the each system isn't really expandable because you can't find compatible cameras for sale on their own. The vendor sent me a 4" display wireless camera system as a "free gift" to make up for not being able to add a second camera. I ended up putting it on my UTV as a hitch camera. The 4" display is next to useless IMHO unless I get out my reading glasses.
Thanks Mikester, that's the kind of info I need! I really want something to help with the alignment of the shear. I've made an adapter so I can pull out small stuff (real small stuff <2") which makes "aiming" a bit more challenging.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Thanks Mikester, that's the kind of info I need! I really want something to help with the alignment of the shear. I've made an adapter so I can pull out small stuff (real small stuff <2") which makes "aiming" a bit more challenging.
The camera I bought was the ROHENT brand CDN$169

Good quality video but the system isn't expandable because you can't buy stand alone cameras

It helps me center trees in the tree spade without getting out to look.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
contact Amazon or Rohent for more cameras, they should be able to sell more..gee what happens when the camera dies under warranty ? Do they send out a complete set ? camera and screen ??

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
contact Amazon or Rohent for more cameras, they should be able to sell more..gee what happens when the camera dies under warranty ? Do they send out a complete set ? camera and screen ??
I did contact the vendor. Their solution was to give me a second free system with a 4" display. Both Rohent wireless cameras are incompatible with each other go figure. Gotta love the Made in China specials.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Sadly it makes sense to me... sell someone a 4 channel display with 1 (or 2 ) cameras...just WHAT good are the other 2 channels in the display section good for ??
So... you'll have a spare display unit for free, NICE !!
A month from now, email and say the display unit failed... and they'll send you another set..you'll have a 3rd camera AND another backup display.......