Cab cupholder suggestions?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
The Yeti folks are friends of our son. They do their banking here in the U.S.

Good luck not using chineese stuff. If you go thru your house and remove everything made it China and don’t use it for a month.... you’ll be very very surprised at how difficult life gets. This is the result of Nixon’s visit to Red China: Lost jobs here in the U.S. and rich corporations getting richer off the rest of us.
I can and do do competitively priced Chineseum. Yeti isn't competitive priced at all.

Yeti, you assume it's not made in China because of the name, but it is, 100%.

I like Chinese, they are cute, cuddly and willing to please....:)

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Two suggestions from the bicycle world:
Water bottle cages
Or backpack type water bag like a Camelback

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NWAZL3560

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, LA805 loader, BH77 backhoe, rock bucket, box blade, pallet forks
Jun 11, 2018
Mesquite, NV
Chinese, pricey, but I've never had a cup that holds temperature, hot or cold, all day like my Yeti's do. Maybe some other cheaper ones do or come close, I don't know. I've never regretted paying for my Yeti's. I love my Yeti's.

And the short cylindrical one fits in my L3560 OEM cup holder well.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I use the existing cup holder and a medium sized thermos type beverage container. I lined the bottom with a rubber pad to keep it quiet.
As far as cell phone mounts, I use a mount called "Ram" that used to be marketed to mostly cyclists and bikers. Very sturdy and well designed that clamps on the L4060 door handle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

eliot3b4

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650
Nov 7, 2019
Eliot, Maine
Don't find any call that important myself. They can leave a voice message and I may call them back but then I may not. We use FM transceivers for communication anyway. My 'Motorola' is always in the tractor and it has a call light on it so it's a visible thing.

I find cell phones to be about the most useless thing around today. All mine is really good for is using on my Autel Evo drone, b ut then the tablet works better. Bigger screen.
My cell phone is a required item here in Maine when plowing snow. Having had the unpleasant experience of sliding off of driveway and down a hill with a tractor, when plowing, having the cell phone to call for help was the only way to get help. My neighbor pulled the tractor out of the snow. My neighbor came close to rolling his tractor over in a snow storm. Again, cell phone came in very handy.

When not using the actual phone, with the phone connected to the radio, I can listen to classical music from London when plowing or mowing. Make the chores more enjoyable.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD

When not using the actual phone, with the phone connected to the radio, I can listen to classical music from London when plowing or mowing. Make the chores more enjoyable.

While I opt for 60's and 70's music, I do the same while plowing. Plowing is very intense for me and the music is relaxing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

eiresurg

Apr 30, 2019
Central, MN
For a phone, I would recommend a Scosche Magic Mount. I have them in our cars and even mounted one on the steering arms for my zero-turn mower. They make several types: stick-on and a handle-bar mount for bikes (or, zero-turn mowers). The handle-bar mount might work on the door handle on the cab, otherwise the stick-on type could be placed anywhere. It's a super strong magnet and will not come loose even on a bumpy pasture or trail. My zero-turn mower gets abused pretty hard and I've never had the phone fall off.

I highly discourage you from putting your phone in the slot next to the 3-point control (I think it's a slot intended for a 3rd hydraulic function control lever). When I first got my tractor I thought it was for a cellphone (noob) and the darned thing fell down inside between the wheel-well and cab. After many 4-letter and 6-letter words I was able to retrieve it, but only after taking half the cab apart to get to it. Note to self, that is not a cellphone holder!

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
For a phone, I would recommend a Scosche Magic Mount. I have them in our cars and even mounted one on the steering arms for my zero-turn mower. They make several types: stick-on and a handle-bar mount for bikes (or, zero-turn mowers). The handle-bar mount might work on the door handle on the cab, otherwise the stick-on type could be placed anywhere. It's a super strong magnet and will not come loose even on a bumpy pasture or trail. My zero-turn mower gets abused pretty hard and I've never had the phone fall off.

I highly discourage you from putting your phone in the slot next to the 3-point control (I think it's a slot intended for a 3rd hydraulic function control lever). When I first got my tractor I thought it was for a cellphone (noob) and the darned thing fell down inside between the wheel-well and cab. After many 4-letter and 6-letter words I was able to retrieve it, but only after taking half the cab apart to get to it. Note to self, that is not a cellphone holder!
I had a phone magnetic mount and had to return it because the magnet activates Unwanted features in the cell phone.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
If you have metal area for a strong welding magnet and some pvc pipe or coupler, this could work. Turn magnet 90 degress to get better attachment to side posts.
20200602_172557.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
The bug in there is very nice. That your breakfast entree?

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
I keep the phone in cup holder, but only to feed music to my noise reducing earphones. I wouldn't even think about answering a call during tractor time. I don't use the cup holder at all for beverages because it shakes up and foams my beer, not acceptable. I just re hydrate each time I pass by the mancave. If I ever had to move snow, a coffee cup holder would be nice, but I don't see that happening in the next few decades.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
My cab tractor has built in cup / beverage holders. My open station has a gimbal mounted cupholder I got from Cabelas. All metal and chrome plated. In the marine section.

Hillbilly77

Jun 19, 2016
New York
I used a simple piece of PVC. I bolted it to the fender with a couple carriage bolts.
I also cut a couple notches in the bottom to help clean it out so dust and/or liquid doesn’t build up.

775085E5-034A-404A-970E-5FCCC1CD7597.jpeg
08192C93-458F-4F3F-AFD5-EFA4B90D4FE1.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I used a simple piece of PVC. I bolted it to the fender with a couple carriage bolts.
I also cut a couple notches in the bottom to help clean it out so dust and/or liquid doesn’t build up.

View attachment 44623 View attachment 44624

I see yet another ratty seat. Kubota vinyl seats just don't hold up very well. I dislike vinyl seats anyway, makes your arse sweat. I'm a Cordura or cloth seat person 100%. I don't care for a sweaty butt.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
A new seat is my next investment. I am shopping for one as we speak.
Rural King has them so does K&M seating. Just don't get vinyl. Cordura is way more pleasant to sit on and weather resistant too.

Priced the replacement seat for my M9 open station. Kubota is extremely proud of them. Gave my old one (wasn't torn or ripped, just shot, to the trash collectors.

JWool

Equipment
B2650HSDC FEL & Front Snow Blower, ZT-Z421, GL11000 Generator
Dec 29, 2013
Northern MI
You might try ram mounts, they have several options,

Ram Mount Deink Holder.JPG