Cab cupholder suggestions?

DVR

Premium Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5400, L3560LE, L3301
May 8, 2020
Columbia, SC
I have a L3560 cab tractor.
Having a loader, the right door is pretty much unused. I want to mount cupholder(s) to the bar that runs at an angle that is used to pull the door shut.
Any of you found the perfect match?
Also interested in a phone mount for same tractor. Thinking the same mounting location may be suitable.
Would like to hear your suggestions.
Been studying handlebar mounts on ebay and amazon.
Hoping someone may have previous trial and error to share.
Thanks in advance

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I don't have any ideas, but having the same tractor, I wanted to jump in so I can see what suggestions come up. I use the built in cup holder for my keys and phone, so adding either a phone holder or cup holder would solve both issues.

I tried a suction cup mount for the phone, one trip across the field took care of that idea.

DVR

Premium Member

Equipment
May 8, 2020
Columbia, SC
Paul Short of Canada already has the solution for your exact tractor:
https://www.specialtyrepairscustommods.com/beverage-holder-mug-3

But its an awful pricey thing, in part because they are making you buy a mug. I wouldn't buy it at the price, but perhaps you could use the idea.
Thanks for the reply. I have seen that same mount on amazon and ebay. However, those seem shaped to accommodate something that gets wider as it goes up. Like a coffee cup.
I need something that is the same width top to bottom. One that would hold something (exactly) like a 16oz aluminum twist top can/bottle with a koozie around it.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
My M9 has built in cup / can holders in the left rear by the rear window so a non issue with me but if I was to add a drink holder to my open station 9, I'd get one of those gimbal mounted drink holders that go on a watercraft. Cabelas and (I think) Amazon have them for under 15 bucks. They come in plastic and wire mesh. Easy to install too. Would clamp right to the door entrance bar.

Far as my cell phone is concerned, I slide it between the sun visor and the headliner. Goes in there quite nicely and when I'm using the open station, it goes in the upper pocket of my bib overalls. Remember, I farm and farmers wear bibs.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Thanks for the reply. I have seen that same mount on amazon and ebay. However, those seem shaped to accommodate something that gets wider as it goes up. Like a coffee cup.
I need something that is the same width top to bottom. Something that would hold something (exactly) like a 16oz aluminum can/bottle with a koozie around it.
Wow, that is insane priced. Guess he wants to get rich quick.:D

DVR

Premium Member

Equipment
May 8, 2020
Columbia, SC
I don't have any ideas, but having the same tractor, I wanted to jump in so I can see what suggestions come up. I use the built in cup holder for my keys and phone, so adding either a phone holder or cup holder would solve both issues.

I tried a suction cup mount for the phone, one trip across the field took care of that idea.
I'll update as I try different options.
Ordered some from amazon and will post a link and review when I receive them.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I'll update as I try different options.
Ordered some from amazon and will post a link and review when I receive them.
Sounds good

DVR

Premium Member

Equipment
May 8, 2020
Columbia, SC
To clarify my tractor has a cupholder to my right.
It is too wide and too shallow.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
To clarify my tractor has a cupholder to my right.
It is too wide and too shallow.
Actually, mine is as well, but a can 'Koozie' fills the space quite nicely.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
My open-station M4700 didn’t have any provisions either so I ordered marine cup-holders (set of 4 = $20) and used one to draw a circle onto the top of the right fender. Used a 1/8” drill bit to drill a circle of holes inside the drawn line, and a hacksaw blade and grinder to cut out the circle and smooth the edges.

I measured carefully to keep the marine cup holder a tight “slip-fit” and it works fantastic.

I am looking to install some sort of cell phone holder to retire the Crown-Royal bag tied to the assist-handle on the left fender, tho’...
Amazing how we just cannot exist without that cell phone. Put it in your pocket George.:eek:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
My open-station M4700 didn’t have any provisions either so I ordered marine cup-holders (set of 4 = $20) and used one to draw a circle onto the top of the right fender. Used a 1/8” drill bit to drill a circle of holes inside the drawn line, and a hacksaw blade and grinder to cut out the circle and smooth the edges.

I measured carefully to keep the marine cup holder a tight “slip-fit” and it works fantastic.

I am looking to install some sort of cell phone holder to retire the Crown-Royal bag tied to the assist-handle on the left fender, tho’... :ROFLMAO:
6ABF5AB1-82AB-4EDA-9B43-A696ACAACAC2.jpeg
86BF3E07-EDBD-4BF7-9018-E4C9AC032031.jpeg

Last edited:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Amazing how we just cannot exist without that cell phone. Put it in your pocket George.:eek:
I tried that Flip, and usually it works just fine as I can’t hear it “ring” over the tractor noise but I can feel it “vibrate”. The problem I’ve run into is bending/twisting around I’ve had it work it’s way out of my pocket and fall. Fortunately it’s not been run-over (yet) and sometimes I’ve been known to wear a T-shirt with no pockets.

Of course, I’d have to come up with a new excuse to tell the wife as to why I need another new Crown-Royal bag.... ;)

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Don't find any call that important myself. They can leave a voice message and I may call them back but then I may not. We use FM transceivers for communication anyway. My 'Motorola' is always in the tractor and it has a call light on it so it's a visible thing.

I find cell phones to be about the most useless thing around today. All mine is really good for is using on my Autel Evo drone, b ut then the tablet works better. Bigger screen.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

I am looking to install some sort of cell phone holder to retire the Crown-Royal bag tied to the assist-handle on the left fender, tho’...
Nothing beats a cluttered garage, especially when you need to find something...:eek:

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
I'm feeling all techy with my Grand L which has a bluetooth equipped radio, so calls can come right through that.

Geo, that looks like a nice job on the cup holder install. I'm always worried on my open station tractors that what ever is in there will fall out on slopes when I'm not paying attention. I guess if its just a bottle of water that's not the end of the world. I ended up getting one of those fancy Yeti drink bottles and strapping it in somewhere. Not convenient though.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
My Yeti fits the marine holders just fine and they’re deep enough for things to stay in place.

I can find anything in my hangar/shop Flip... unless my wife has been out there.
She has a “nesting” instinct... If she finds out I know where something is...she MOVES it!

I have found that by keeping the place “cluttered” she avoids it. (But lately I’ve tripped over enough stuff that I’ve come to realize at my age that can be dangerous. I’m cleaning the place up this week, in fact.).

Anyway, that’s only the east wall in that pic. It’s where I rarely visit. Too junky. LOL

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Almost fell for the Yeti stuff until I found out where it's made. I try to avoid Chineseum if at all possible, especially the high priced Chineseum.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
The Yeti folks are friends of our son. They do their banking here in the U.S.

Good luck not using chineese stuff. If you go thru your house and remove everything made it China and don’t use it for a month.... you’ll be very very surprised at how difficult life gets. This is the result of Nixon’s visit to Red China: Lost jobs here in the U.S. and rich corporations getting richer off the rest of us.