Bxpanded Ripper question

Northeast_Mainiac

Equipment
Kubota B2301 TLB, 54” mmm, 18’ galvanized Ironbull trailer
May 18, 2023
Maine
Hello everyone , new here but not new to Kubota. I just picked up a used 2019 B2301 with a loader and backhoe with only 140 hours on the clock.
I would like to add a Bxpanded ripper tooth to the BH70 backhoe but don’t know if it will fit. Does anyone have one on their B2301? I love this tractor!
I am stepping up from a 2014 bx25d.
If anyone has added one to your backhoe I sure would like to know how it’s worked out for you?

Thanks, Mike

Attachments

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
The website indicates that it will fit a BH70.

And since I love spending your money,

I would also suggest their "Quick Attach". I have the QA and the ripper tooth on my 77 and it makes changing the bucket/ripper a snap.

The only "flaw" to the QA is the little locking clip that holds the pin in. They tend to pop out, so some people use a nut and bolt. I found a clip (by pure dumb luck) that fits tightly enough where that has not been a problem for me, but if you don't use a nut and bolt carry a few spare clips.

In regard to how it has worked out for me, I just say that it is simply amazing. I'm pretty new to Tractor'n in general, but after I put that ripper tooth on it made ripping stumps and bush's out childs play.

I think you will be very happy with it,..... I am.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Northeast_Mainiac

Equipment
May 18, 2023
Maine
The website indicates that it will fit a BH70.

And since I love spending your money,

I would also suggest the "Quick Attach". I have the QA and the ripper tooth on my 77 and it makes changing the bucket/ripper a snap.

The only "flaw" to the QA is the little locking clip that holds the pin in. They tend to pop out, so some people use a nut and bolt. I found a clip (by pure dumb luck) that fits tightly enough where that has not been a problem for me.
Lol well thank you for spending my money🤣, I do want both of those but feel I should put a cutting edge on the front bucket first so it doesn’t get that Kubota Smile🙂

Grindstone

Equipment
B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Mar 10, 2022
CT
Lol well thank you for spending my money🤣, I do want both of those but feel I should put a cutting edge on the front bucket first so it doesn’t get that Kubota Smile🙂
Definitely get a cutting edge for sure! Hell get all three!!!!

Reactions: 1 user

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Rookie here with the Ripper, took my first stump out last week. It was a biggun, 12"'s + around. It was tedious but fun at the same time,
I asked specifically here if I made a mistake not ordering the QA for the ripper, figured I'd try without it. Maybe just me but I don't think it was too bad taking the bucket off and putting the ripper on. Granted I do have a "new" tractor and I performed the changed in my garage and not in the field. It's only two pins/bolts no matter how you look at it. .02 P

Last edited:

Northeast_Mainiac

Equipment
May 18, 2023
Maine
Rookie here with the Ripper, took my first stump out last week. It was a biggun, 12"'s + around. It was tedious but fun at the same time,
I asked specifically here if I made a mistake not ordering the QA for the ripper, figured I'd try without it. Maybe just me but I don't think it was too bad taking the bucket off and putting the ripper on. Granted I do have a "new" tractor and I performed the changed in my garage and not in the field. It's only two pins/bolts no matter how you look at it. .02 P
I’d like to have both , but I just don’t think it would be worth buying the QA because I don’t use the backhoe a lot but can see how it would be so convenient to just pull the pin and put on the ripper in seconds or the trenching bucket , but I will be buying the ripper soon.

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
For larger stumps I tend to use the ripper to you know, rip. Then I swap back to the bucket to dig and remove dirt. Then back to the ripper once I expose more things that need to be ripped. The QA makes this feasible. I've taken out dozens of stumps so for me it was worth the cash for the time savings and the less wear and tear on my back. If you're going to swap out very infrequently then it's not that big a deal.

Northeast_Mainiac

Equipment
May 18, 2023
Maine
For larger stumps I tend to use the ripper to you know, rip. Then I swap back to the bucket to dig and remove dirt. Then back to the ripper once I expose more things that need to be ripped. The QA makes this feasible. I've taken out dozens of stumps so for me it was worth the cash for the time savings and the less wear and tear on my back. If you're going to swap out very infrequently then it's not that big a deal.
Your convincing me slowly , better keep going lol

Grindstone

Equipment
B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Mar 10, 2022
CT
I totally agree. QA makes it so much easier and quicker to swap out while in the field actively digging out stumps. Especially if you have the thumb. What was that another item added to the cart?

Northeast_Mainiac

Equipment
May 18, 2023
Maine
I totally agree. QA makes it so much easier and quicker to swap out while in the field actively digging out stumps. Especially if you have the thumb. What was that another item added to the cart?
The cart is getting full! I bout the pressure tester back in 2014 when I had my bx25d

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I suppose some of it depends on how patient you are too.

I am the possibly the most impatient person in the world. I think I got it from my days as a Flat-Rate mechanic. Each job paid you in tenths of an hour, the more jobs you did, the more money you made.

And you were only as good as your last check.

If I could buy/make a tool that saved me only 6 minutes (.1 hours) and I used that tool 40 times a year, then that's 4 hours of pay that I gained.

Although I polish a seat with my ass now, I still can't use a manual ratchet without a part of me dying inside....hahahaha

So even though having a QA bucket saves me exactly 0 dollars now....It was my destiny.

1684518494238.png

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Northeast_Mainiac

Equipment
May 18, 2023
Maine

I am the possibly the most impatient person in the world. I think I got it from my days as a Flat-Rate mechanic. Each job paid you in tenths of an hour, the more jobs you did, the more money you made.

If I could buy/make a tool that saved me only 6 minutes (.1 hours) and I used that tool 40 times a year, then that's 4 hours of pay that I gained.

Although I polish a seat with my ass now, I still can't use a manual ratchet without a part of me dying inside....hahahaha

So even though having a QA bucket saves me exactly 0 dollars now....It was my destiny.

View attachment 102889
OMG 🤣, I am probably going to get either the piranha bar for my front bucket next week and then save up for that ripper because I know that will get used a lot! And then I want the QA, and the trenching bucket. Lol man you had me in stitches 🤣😂😂😂

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny

View attachment 102889
I bought the QA last year as I made my own 7" bucket for drains and the electrical for my generac install. It took a few weeks to come in so I did the hard pin method. I put QA on after that and just put the backhoe on and dug a stump yesterday. Seems all this talk has me thinking I could use a ripper too!

Bill

Northeast_Mainiac

Equipment
May 18, 2023
Maine
I bought the QA last year as I made my own 7" bucket for drains and the electrical for my generac install. It took a few weeks to come in so I did the hard pin method. I put QA on after that and just put the backhoe on and dug a stump yesterday. Seems all this talk has me thinking I could use a ripper too!

Bill
I would get the ripper first but in 2019 they didn’t offer a cutting edge for this model through Kubota that I know of and I don’t want the front bucket to get that Kubota smile

Grindstone

Equipment
B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Mar 10, 2022
CT
I would get the ripper first but in 2019 they didn’t offer a cutting edge for this model through Kubota that I know of and I don’t want the front bucket to get that Kubota smile
What size bucket do you have? I have the 54" and my dealer was able to get me a edge for my bucket with the pre drilled holes. It is non reversible and not as bada$$ as the bxpanded one. Kinda wished i went with the bxpanded would help more with underbrush.

Northeast_Mainiac

Equipment
May 18, 2023
Maine
What size bucket do you have? I have the 54" and my dealer was able to get me a edge for my bucket with the pre drilled holes. It is non reversible and not as bada$$ as the bxpanded one. Kinda wished i went with the bxpanded would help more with underbrush.
I have the 54” bucket, I want a reversible one but I see Bxpanded has 3 different ones now, that extreme pirhana bar looks mean, if I get one I’ll need a mag drill to go through the factory cutting edge,

Grindstone

Equipment
B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Mar 10, 2022
CT
I have the 54” bucket, I want a reversible one but I see Bxpanded has 3 different ones now, that extreme pirhana bar looks mean, if I get one I’ll need a mag drill to go through the factory cutting edge,
Yea the new one looks awesome!