BXPanded Hydraulic kit

PapaJ

Equipment
BX2680 - PFL1242 - RCK54 MMM - Fimco 3PH Sprayer - Trailer Mover
Apr 28, 2020
VA
Just poking around to see if it's possible to safely increase GPM on my BX2680. Does the BXP hydraulic kit raise the GPM's? Trying to mostly stay with Land Pride if possible, and the SA20 Auger minimum GPM of 6 is too close to my max of 6.2 GPM. Seems I have to dig 40 or so holes every few years, and I am not a fan of dragging out my gas powered PHD any more. It has served me well, but I am getting older and more broken every year. I probably have 75 posts I need to replace at this place, haven't actually counted because I am nowhere near ready to do it yet. I know I can run a 3PH PHD, but it's so much easier to do it from the front than the back. Given my history, I do not want to rent one, as I will not be doing this in 1 day, and when I move again in a few years, I will likely need to make more holes. I'd rather have it and not use it than need it and not have it.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL

PapaJ

Equipment
Apr 28, 2020
VA
Only thing I see on BXP website are psi testers. For more gallons per minute you may need something like this

I think I'd look into a trail blazer one with their power pack option.
The item is listed as a "pressure test & adjust kit", and includes some shims. I am just not familiar enough with hydraulic pumps to know what I can do with it. I'm 99% convinced to just live with a 3PH PHD, as I'm not interested in the expense of a PTO hydraulic pump.

redfernclan

Jul 18, 2014
Sweet home, Oregon
Pressure and volume are two different things. The shim kit increases the pressure that your pump puts out, that does not increase the volume of fluid that it moves. Maybe run it at a higher RPM? That will increase the volume up to the point that you are now limited by the fitting sizes and hoses.

PapaJ

Equipment
Apr 28, 2020
VA
Pressure and volume are two different things. The shim kit increases the pressure that your pump puts out, that does not increase the volume of fluid that it moves. Maybe run it at a higher RPM? That will increase the volume up to the point that you are now limited by the fitting sizes and hoses.
Thanks, that is the info I needed. More volume is what I was looking for, and it looks like this kit is not the way to do it. I'll look at Auger Torque, they have a couple models that require less flow. Trying to avoid a 3PH PHD so I can have reverse. When I get back to MO, the ground is not as easy to drill as it is here in sandy VA.