BX2816 Blower digging in

Ketchken

Jan 22, 2018
Fulton, NY
Any ideas to keep it from digging in when going over grass? I can hold it up a bit but its tough to keep it level going over uneven ground. I have the shoes lowered to lowest setting but are there different attachments or modifications other have had succes with?

It works great on the paved driveway.

Digger Dager

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M59 TLB, B3200 w/front snow blower, 3 @ ZD326 62" rear discharge mowers
Re: BX2816 Blower diging in

We have a B3200 with the front mount snowblower, which is larger than yours. I have about a mile of gravel lanes that need cleared, along with areas in the yard for funeral services. When the ground isn't frozen, the shoes dig in. I bent a much wider flat piece of steel to the shape of the shoe bottom, and welded it to the stock shoes. It has helped quite a bit. There was a picture earlier this season of a set of wheels that were mounted to the back of a snowblower. Could be another option.

Digger

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Re: BX2816 Blower diging in

Get a piece of 1.5-2” pvc, cut a slit length wise. Install over cutting edge. Now you can float it over the grass. Worked great for me to get an area cleaned away for the pooches.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
The pvc stays on by leverage, have to use a dead blow hammer to get it over the bolts of the cutting edge. Buy an 8’ piece and you will have a spare. I tried 1.5” but when it wheres out will try 2”.

Cfrazer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2670-1,FEL, BX5450, BBox, GS1548, RB1560, QH05, AI2 Forks, SS Curtis Cab
Jan 22, 2018
North Rose, NY, USA
I did same idea of pvc pipe but used 2” emt conduit and removed 2 outer bolts from the cutting edge and used longer bolts to bolt the emt conduit on the bottom of blower, it works great for gravel driveway, lawn, etc.. and you can even put down pressure on it with no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
Here is what I use on a 2750 front mounted blower on a BX23. The castor wheels are from a kubota sweeper, the mounting hardware is homemade. That way, the wheels can be easily swapped back and forth between the 2.
I like that.
I may need to steel that idea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk