BX2763a or Rear blade & blower

Fredmeyer

Equipment
Kubota BX
Oct 9, 2015
New England
Hi,

I have a bx1860 with bx2750d blower. I am thinking of buying a blade to deal with slush removal (or for a quick pass at light snow removal). I was going to get an landpride RB05 5' rear blade to use in conjunction with the blower, but I also have the option to buy a use bx2763a front blade at a great price. I am trying to decide on the rear blade v. the bx2763a front blade. Any suggestions?

thanks!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Welcome Fred,, MHO would be to just give me the blower and Ill give you my plow and then you wouldn't have to worry and loose sleep over that question :rolleyes:
No really,, the land pride blade is a good one I would however look for a rear blade with feet so you can adjust how deep your going to go.
Having reread your post, I have to assume that you have a paved driveway so that wont be a problem then setting the blade down.
Also the weight of the rear blade will give you a bit more stability when traveling with the blower in the up position and a little more traction.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
I have all 3. Gravel drive is 300'-400'. The house garage is too low for the rops and canopy so I sneak the rear blade in it and pull the snow out. Bought the snow blower last year and worked like a champ till I hit some rocks and had to rebuild the central fan. One of those snow melted, base gone, snowed again and found a pile of rocks. :eek:
Bought the front blade this spring used. Tore apart and repainted it and with new hoses. Used for first time the other day, awesome. I figure I'll use the front blade till I get a good base then use the blower after that. Not too bad to switch between the front blade or blower with quick hitch.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Last winter I used a light rear blade, comparable to the RB0560, with a blower on my BX2370. The light rear blade will work fine for plowing snow and slush, but if you ever plan to do any grading on your driveway a heavier blade like the RB1560 will work far better. I bought a used RB1560 crown my driveway and a grading scraper for grading. The RB1560 has enough weight to dig in when crowning were the light blade would bounce cross the surface.

I haven't tried a plastic pipe on the cutting edge of either blade yet. Last year I just turned the blade around. Worked on the driveway and the areas where I cleared the lawn. I advantage to not having the plastic pipe is you can still use the cutting edge to remove some ice if needed.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Fred I have the light rear blade Landpride RB0560 and it worked fine and still use it. Works good for snow but too light for dirt work, as prev mentioned. My box blade comes in handy for that. So a light rear grader blade for snow will work any brand. Once the snow banks are frozen a no go. Driving in reverse and/or always looking back is kind of a pain in the a$$.
Driving forward with the rear blade, it will fill up, even angled and stop the BX. You have to turn around and get rid of it. Not to mention getting off and manually adjusting blade. Driving in reverse works ok but its driving in reverse, plus hope you dont hit anything hard as it ment to be pulled not pushed, damage to 3pt arms.
I looked for a used front blade for 2 years and finally found one. In my woods, they seem hard to come by. Now with the blower and FEL in reserve, I hope to have every snowy condition covered.

Fredmeyer

Equipment
Kubota BX
Oct 9, 2015
New England
went with the BX2763a - have used it a number of times this winter and it is faster than using the blower. The swap over is not too bad if I do need to use the blower.