BX2750C Teardown

SwampCat

Equipment
B7510 HSD
Jun 7, 2015
Northern,Wi. U.S.A.
Trying to dismantle this snowblower for a paint job and refurbish. Question is, what way does the locking collar spin ? Facing the rear of the blower ( as if you were the tractor ) clockwise or counter clockwise. Already have the setscrew out. Never had good luck with this type of bearing collar. This is on the shaft that the fan is on. Also looking at the Kubota parts list in the owners manual, the part image numbers DONT match the description.:confused:

boz1989

Equipment
B2910 fel 60 mmm, Land Pride rb1572
Jun 10, 2015
Portland, MI
I don't know this machine at all, but a lock collar should be tightened in the same direction that the shaft turns. So I would try the opposite direction first, but you never know if someone tightened it correctly to start with.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

SwampCat

Equipment
B7510 HSD
Jun 7, 2015
Northern,Wi. U.S.A.
I figured it out. It was clockwise,because thats the way the grinder I cut it off with spins:D that was just the collar, then needed a bearing puller to pull the bearing. Anyway its tore down and the grinding and sanding and painting has started.

SwampCat

Equipment
B7510 HSD
Jun 7, 2015
Northern,Wi. U.S.A.
I don't know this machine at all, but a lock collar should be tightened in the same direction that the shaft turns. So I would try the opposite direction first, but you never know if someone tightened it correctly to start with.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk
You are right on this, as long as the person who installed it did it right in the 1st place.