Bx2750 D

nlajoie

Equipment
bx2370
Sep 22, 2017
Tisdale, Saskatchewan Canada
I had a u- joint go on the mid mount drive shaft and since replacing the u-joint my drive shaft Is to short, the sub assembly manual indicates the shaft should have 5 inches sticking out which results in my drive shaft not having enough contact with the spline on the shaft , does anyone have a suggestion

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
I don't see how changing a u-joint would make the shaft any shorter. I've changed many over the years, and a cross is a cross.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
a picture or two of this phenomena would really help ! I'm with McF, just HOW can this be , providing the new part is the same as the old..unless some shaft collar / bearing has loosened and 'other stuff' has moved.
Since this is the front mtd version(pdf just shows blower...), is it 'quick hitch '? Perhaps the 2nd shaft u-joint sleeve is collapsed ? I just looked at the 4point hitch manual and it says 7 5/16" not 5" , so you must have a different 'sub frame'... please post the model number, kinda curious now as I thought there was only one for all....

Last edited:

nlajoie

Equipment
bx2370
Sep 22, 2017
Tisdale, Saskatchewan Canada
a picture or two of this phenomena would really help ! I'm with McF, just HOW can this be , providing the new part is the same as the old..unless some shaft collar / bearing has loosened and 'other stuff' has moved.
Since this is the front mtd version(pdf just shows blower...), is it 'quick hitch '? Perhaps the 2nd shaft u-joint sleeve is collapsed ? I just looked at the 4point hitch manual and it says 7 5/16" not 5" , so you must have a different 'sub frame'... please post the model number, kinda curious now as I thought there was only one for all....
It is a 2751 sub assembly, I actually had to purchase a new shaft which is identical in length to the old one, I will attach the manual page which as far as I can tell says 5 inches, if it is 7 5/16 that will work better, where would I measure the distance from ?

Attachments

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
OK, different 'sub frame' unit.....so you need to use whatever your manual says.
The one I was referring to ( uses same blower box...) is the 4point hitch '2816' ??
It is curious as the new shaft is the same length why doesn't it fit.....perhaps the shaft that IT connects to has moved ?? maybe the sliding section of the shaft hasn't slid on far enough ??
Another one of the 'it'd be nice to be there to SEE what's happening' problems.
I'm pretty sure though you start at the tractor pto and work forward,connecting/installing as you go.
Maybe someone with the same tractor/subframe/ blower can show their setup ??