BX2680 - No crank

jrreab

Equipment
BX2680
Jul 17, 2020
Colorado
Hey Gentlemen I have a BX2680. The other day I went to start it and I have nothing. The battery is fine, lights work, when you hit the key, nothing. I by-passed the safety switch in the seat and still nothing. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Jim

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Hey Gentlemen I have a BX2680. The other day I went to start it and I have nothing. The battery is fine, lights work, when you hit the key, nothing. I by-passed the safety switch in the seat and still nothing. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Jim
Did you leave a PTO on/engaged ?

crbr

Equipment
2006 B7800, 2022 BX1880
Jan 8, 2010
TN
Another thought; rock the HST pedal to make sure it is finding the neutral safety position at that pedal.

jrreab

Equipment
BX2680
Jul 17, 2020
Colorado
Hey everyone

Thanks for all the idea's. The problem was the pto safety switch. I have to adjust but it's running again.
Again, Thank's for all the help!

Jim

Reactions: 2 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
GREAT you FOUND the nasty PITA gremlin !!!
Take a picture of it, save with caption 'THE PITA'..... cause 3 months from now, you'll have forgotten ,um, ah, what was the,um, thing that fixed it before ?????

Kaempfe

Equipment
Kubota BX2680
Sep 25, 2022
Massachusetts
Hi.
I’m about to go through the same troubleshooting process but in the woods in a trail. It’s not ideal but short of getting someone to tow me back I’m going to try a field repair. Can someone help guide me to a few things?

I can see that the HST pedal might not be engaging with the safety switch right. It’s hard to see. Anyone know how to access that switch? It seems it’s in the back behind the fan. I can’t seem to access it from the seat but I haven’t done much investigation yet. Thought I’d hit up this group first.

same question about the PTO switch. I read the OP “-adjusted it”. How?

Is there a switch for the brake too?

thanks
Scott

Kaempfe

Equipment
Kubota BX2680
Sep 25, 2022
Massachusetts
Hi.
I’m about to go through the same troubleshooting process but in the woods in a trail. It’s not ideal but short of getting someone to tow me back I’m going to try a field repair. Can someone help guide me to a few things?

I can see that the HST pedal might not be engaging with the safety switch right. It’s hard to see. Anyone know how to access that switch? It seems it’s in the back behind the fan. I can’t seem to access it from the seat but I haven’t done much investigation yet. Thought I’d hit up this group first.

same question about the PTO switch. I read the OP “-adjusted it”. How?

Is there a switch for the brake too?

thanks
Scott
Nevermind….it was the loose wire in the starter solenoid. Boom fixed. Thanks.

Reactions: 1 users

Kaempfe

Equipment
Kubota BX2680
Sep 25, 2022
Massachusetts
Nevermind….it was the loose wire in the starter solenoid. Boom fixed. Thanks.
ok….now it will try to turn over but it is very difficult to start. It cranks and cranks. I can eventually get it to turn over but then loses power when I apply heavier load. Why would this starter cable now turn into this issue? I’m charging the battery but it sounds like a fuel filter issue.