BX2680 Mower Lift Linkage

Kamaluhiafarm

Equipment
BX2680, 54"MMM, LA344S Loader, Woodland Mills chipper
Mar 24, 2021
Kealakekua, HI
BX2680 Mower Lift Linkage came disconnected on both left/right sides at the pivot point between front and rear arms, right side pivots enough I can reconnect them, left side not enough movement to allow reconnect even after backing the rear limit bolt all the way out.

- How would you reconnect the left side?
IMG_2587.jpg

- How to prevent happening again? Are side loads on the linkage causing the issue?
The two small ears on the pivot pin don't seem very robust to maintain the connection.

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
BX2680 Mower Lift Linkage came disconnected on both left/right sides at the pivot point between front and rear arms, right side pivots enough I can reconnect them, left side not enough movement to allow reconnect even after backing the rear limit bolt all the way out.

- How would you reconnect the left side?
View attachment 57202

- How to prevent happening again? Are side loads on the linkage causing the issue?
The two small ears on the pivot pin don't seem very robust to maintain the connection.
That is messed up. It is not supposed to come apart normally.

It looks like you need to remove items 160 and 170 in order to rotate the link to line up the pin head with the oblong hole.

Attachments

Kamaluhiafarm

Equipment
Mar 24, 2021
Kealakekua, HI
That is messed up. It is not supposed to come apart normally.

It looks like you need to remove items 160 and 170 in order to rotate the link to line up the pin head with the oblong hole.
Second time is the charm, while looking again to explain why it didn't work first time... that should work, and it did! Problem I had originally is the front arm hitting the loader frame attach point before aligning with the pin.

Backing out 060 provided some additional rotation of rear arm (020).

I was surprised that it was easy to get right side reconnected with no issues, the pin head matches quite easily. The pins are welded into position, right is definitely better aligned for disconnect/reconnect. I'm afraid it's going to happen again.

That's a great diagram, love Messicks folks and their YouTube videos.

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
I am glad to know you got it resolved. From your picture, are the parts built right? From the diagram it looks like the oblong pin head and oblong hole are at 90 degrees from each other. In your picture, it looks like they are a lot closer to be aligned, like 45 degrees.

Kamaluhiafarm

Equipment
Mar 24, 2021
Kealakekua, HI
Left. lowest setting, both left and right seem aligned fairly close to rear hole.
IMG_2589.jpg

Right, lowest setting, raising lift aligns pin head and front arm easily.
IMG_2588.jpg

Maybe there is something off with pin alignment. Thank you for your suggestions.

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida