BX2680 mmm cutting height control dial

HD Orange

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680TV60D/R4 Tires/LA344S Loader/QH-1O Quick Hitch Orange/BB0548 Box Scraper
Feb 28, 2018
El Cajon Ca
When I go to adjust the dial for mower cutting height on the tractor with the mower deck in the raise position, it will not move. This has been working fine in the past (With the mower deck all the way up). Thanks in advance for your help. Still a Newbie.

Attachments

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
When I go to adjust the dial for mower cutting height on the tractor with the mower deck in the raise position, it will not move. This has been working fine in the past (With the mower deck all the way up). Thanks in advance for your help. Still a Newbie.
Make sure its absolutely ALL the way up. Just sitting there it will drop down just a small amount. It won't turn in this position.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
That knob will not turn if there is any weight on it. If you want to change the height, you must raise the deck, reset the knob and then lower the deck. Mine is a little easier to turn one way or the other. It helps to spray some lube on that mechanisim.

HD Orange

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 28, 2018
El Cajon Ca
UPDATE:
Dealer came out today and found the lock nut (bolt) for adjusting mower height adjustment was ready to come off. He tighten bolt and now mower deck will stay up and not go down in the TOP position. When the 3 point goes up and down, the mower will stay up. I have ordered the shop manuals, so I can reference a page(s) number for the nut. I hope this helps somebody when the mower height adjustment knob will not go in the TOP mode.

Attachments

OrangeBX

Equipment
Bx2680 FEL, MMM 60", EA 5' rear blade, lp ph10 auger, 50" tiller
Apr 24, 2016
North of Zachary, La
When mine wont move from top or to top, when the tension is off, i will get off and lift the left side of the deck just a little with my hand. This works for me every time and the dial moves easily.
DB

HD Orange

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 28, 2018
El Cajon Ca
When mine wont move from top or to top, when the tension is off, i will get off and lift the left side of the deck just a little with my hand. This works for me every time and the dial moves easily.
DB
OrangeBX: Thanks for the info, I will keep this in mind if it happens again. Plus this will help other BX users. That's what this Forum is all about, helping others. Still waiting for my manuals.