BX2670 Manual Snow Blower Chute Mount

OrangeSnack

Equipment
BX2670
Mar 3, 2015
Upstate NY
Okay, this year with all the snow I am tired of the lack of thought that has gone into the design of the Manual Control Mounting System to control the chute on the front snow blower. I have attached pictures for your input and ideas. I do not weld, so that is one of the challenges. As you are driving the tractor and doing the task of snow blowing when adjusting the chute where this control is mounted to the "Black" arm control for hydraulic up and down adjustment the height of the blower gets knocked back and forth. This is frustrating and basically slow s the process way down. I find this design "Crap". Kubota does not have a fix. I love the blower and it does a great job, but I need to fix this. You can see in the pictures the "U bolt" mount they think works. Am I the only one with this issue? Your input is greatly appreciated on how to fix. The winner gets a "Big Thank You".

Attachments

Gso125

Equipment
Bx25D TLB, snowblower
Sep 16, 2013
USA
I have that same ubolt set up and it works fine for me no issues at all. There is always the hydraulic set up its around $800 if I get a cab I have to get it.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Not pretty, but i'm not a metal or welder guy either.
Cost me $3 for the 1" dowel rod. I had everything else. I made a template out of cardboard first to follow the loader mounts. Comes off/on in seconds. I thought about having a buddy help me make a nice orange metal 1 this spring if it works. So far so good. I think the hole should be a little closer to the tractor for a more straight on shot.

image.jpg

OrangeSnack

Equipment
BX2670
Mar 3, 2015
Upstate NY
Not pretty, but i'm not a metal or welder guy either.
Cost me $3 for the 1" dowel rod. I had everything else. I made a template out of cardboard first to follow the loader mounts. Comes off/on in seconds. I thought about having a buddy help me make a nice orange metal 1 this spring if it works. So far so good. I think the hole should be a little closer to the tractor for a more straight on shot.

View attachment 15147
That is pretty slick. I do not have a loader, but you gave me an idea. Thanks

OrangeSnack

Equipment
BX2670
Mar 3, 2015
Upstate NY
Thank you to everyone. Especially SLIMSHADIE with his help and the part number my local Kubota dealer found the part ordered it and I picked it up today. You could not make this for $30 as already was said. Here are some pictures. I am a new member and this was my first post. It does not show up in my "CP" on my profile, that is another problem.

Part Number 77700-05888

Attachments

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Fred I ended up buying the mount and installing it myself. Yes it uses the floor pan holes. 1 hole is covered by a sticker and use the other with the bolt. I believe I ended up buying 2 longer bolts at the hardware store. Last winter wasnt that bad, I didnt even use the blower. I can leave the mount in place, even with the FEL installed.