bx2670 blowing timer relay fuse

driddle11

Equipment
bx2670
Apr 21, 2018
franklin nc us
I have a 2017 bx2670 that I just bought used that is blowing a 10 amp fuse in the timer relay slot. It blows every time that i turn the ignition switch on. If i unhook the fuel shutoff solenoid the fuse still blows. I have replaced the timer relay switch and this didn't solve the problem. We don't live near a dealer and i know it is under warranty but its a major project to get it to a dealer. Im at a loss.

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
You may get lucky and find a rubbed wire by visual inspection.

Otherwise, you'll need a circuit diagram. Isolate the fault by systematically pulling plugable components on the circuit and find which circuit wire is grounded or shorting out. Mark a copy of the diagram with highliter so you'll know what you have checked.

Or if you have a relative or friend who has automotive experience they can help you to fault isolate. It's not a job that only a dealer can perform.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The 10 amp fuse protects and feed the OPC not the timer relay, that's done by a 15amp fuse.

So if your blowing the 10 amp fuse there is something wrong with the OPC or the wiring feeding it.

Attachments

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Mice or wire rubbed through? Check for physical damage to wiring at all safety switches, mid pto, rear pto, neutral, seat, under dash etc.

pneumatic

Equipment
BX2360, 4in1 Bucket,
Dec 16, 2017
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
I just had a very similar problem on my BX2360. 10amp fuse is before all the contact switches for everything, before it then goes to the timer relay.

Mine was working, then while mowing the motor stopped. I restarted and kept mowing. When I parked it there engine kept running even after the key was removed. I pushed the solenoid plunger by hand and turned the motor off.

I found the 10 amp fuse blown, put it another and it blew too. Measured resistance on the out side of the fuse and found it was grounded. Disconnected both seat switches, still grounded.

Eventually figured out they didn't run the wires very well. Seat roll over switch wiring was stuck between a hydraulic pipe and the fuel tank. It had worn through and was shorting on the metal pipe.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I just had a very similar problem on my BX2360.
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
You have what is known as a “loop” fingerprint (in case you were curious about anyone comparing fingerprints vs anonyminity.). ;)

gforce

Equipment
BX2360
Jul 13, 2020
Houston
I have a BX2360 and I encountered the same issue, timer relay fuse kept blowing. The wires to the seat safety switch had rubbed and were going to ground. Spliced and secured wire in a better location. Problem solved.