BX25D stopping issues

Little Orange

Equipment
Kubota BX25D TLB, hitch frame, FEL forks, 3pt steel ballast and back blade
Dec 8, 2013
Comox Valley, BC Canada
Hi folks, Paul posted and interesting video on HST stopping issues and Coyote Rod posted a video on this same problem and possible solution.

Are there any comments, concerns, solutions or discussions on this important issue?:confused:

Thanks for any input you may provide.

and mine does not stop either even after adjustments.

Little Orange

Equipment
Dec 8, 2013
Comox Valley, BC Canada
for those interested Paul says he will post a new video in a couple weeks on a complete service of this problem. Stay tune as they say, this may shed some more light on this issue.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
All I can attest to is mine,, when its cold like just starting it will coast I think 10 feet is what the book says is still ok,, not my idea of cool but that's another matter. With that being said once things warm up there is no coasting,, maybe its just mine, but I would think there would have been some kind a major recall if it was prevalent on all machines

Little Orange

Equipment
Dec 8, 2013
Comox Valley, BC Canada
Road Test speed control pedal
Using a level section of the paved road, stretched a long tape down on the shoulder and starting 50’ from the “0” mark (where I took my foot off the pedal) did six runs for each of these tests (over 48 runs in total).

3200 rpms 4 wheel drive Low gear (turtle)
Forward stops in 9’ to 10’ Reverse stops in 19’ to 20’
3200 rpms 4 wheel drive High gear (rabbit)
Forward 12’ to 13’ and reverse 20’ to 22’
3200 rpms 2 wheel drive Low gear (turtle)
Forward 12’ to 14’ and reverse 19’ to 21’
3200 rpms 2 wheel drive High gear (rabbit)
Forward 14’ to 16’ and reverse 22’ to 23’

I use 2 wheel high gear on the road only to buzz over to the neighbours and 4 wheel drive low gear while working on the property as don’t have long distances to travel and always working in some way digging, loading, hauling, moving etc. No mowing, or haying or bush hogging.

Yes, I use both the speed pedal and brake pedal gently while working and like the smooth flow, without the whiplashing stop other speak of, but do not like the little creep at very low speeds and rpms. I am use to driving a standard shift five speed truck, brake left – speed right and the beauty of the HST Tractor is - there is no clutch (hooray).