BX25D fuel gauge readins for new owners

Little Orange

Equipment
Kubota BX25D TLB, hitch frame, FEL forks, 3pt steel ballast and back blade
Dec 8, 2013
Comox Valley, BC Canada
Welcome to the BX world.

Had mine for a couple of years now, and yes the fuel gauge will take a little getting use to, I’m in and out of excavations so notice that the gauge will fluctuate noticeably as you move up and down grades, however sitting level for a minute will show the true reading as the "float" appears to be in the left side of the tank.

The fuel light comes on for a few minutes at about a 1/4 to 1/8 tank then goes off. next when really down, the last bar starts to flash slowly, you are still ok at this point for a while yet, then the last bar will start flashing fast when you should be heading back to the "barn" to fuel up (out of the rain or snow) to prevent water in the tank.

Also wipe the inside of the cap at every fuel up to clean any droplets, even tap it gently down on rag to loosen any guck.

I watch the hour meter closely and record every fuel up, then I know when getting close to a fuel up time, course that varies with the type of use as well. Also keep tank full to reduce condensation during wet/cold weather.

Hope this helps.:)