BX25D-Curtis Cab Install (All Steel)

davidwarner63

Equipment
BX1850, 54"mmm, FEL...Bx25D TLB, QA PF, Rear SB
Jul 5, 2014
Yale Michigan
"I wish you had contacted me sooner, because I purchased my tractor and the Curtis Cab at the same time.

So the cost was added to my zero down , zero interest plan by my Kubota dealer. "

Yeah, that would have been nice but I was already at my spending limit anyway. I ordered my BX25D with the mechanical thumb, Quick attach pallet forks, MMM, Grass catcher, LED ROPS lights and an extra set of turf wheels. So, adding another 4k might have annoyed the misses.:rolleyes:

davidwarner63

Equipment
Jul 5, 2014
Yale Michigan
Hi t33jetman,

Hey, I was looking over your post again and noticed in your series of photo's about blocking air gaps that there seems to be a vinyl cover over the radiator inlet screen. I was wondering how that works, especially with sealing the air gaps? Has the radiator been relocated? If not, how is cooling air brought through the radiator? Some other ductwork?

Besides that, with your experience, how important do you find it to seal the air gaps?

Thanks for any input you can reply back with.

t33jetman

Equipment
BX25D, TLB, 1860 bal. bucket, Curtis Hard Cab
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
Hi t33jetman,

Hey, I was looking over your post again and noticed in your series of photo's about blocking air gaps that there seems to be a vinyl cover over the radiator inlet screen. I was wondering how that works, especially with sealing the air gaps? Has the radiator been relocated? If not, how is cooling air brought through the radiator? Some other ductwork?

Besides that, with your experience, how important do you find it to seal the air gaps?

Thanks for any input you can reply back with.
davidwarner63,
The vinyl cover over the radiator screen, comes with the Curtis Cab kit. It is used to block cold air from coming into the cab during the winter. I remove this vinyl cover for the summer months to help keep the radiator cool. It is held in place with Velcro strips top and bottom. I
wanted my cab warm, so I went around sealing up as many gaps that would let cold air in. I like plowing snow with just my shirt on with no jacket.

If you remove the screen cover under the steering wheel , you will see how cold air comes up from under the tractor. I just trimmed the lower plastic cover to let more air in when the vinyl cover is in place. Curtis Cab , wanted that lower plastic cover removed completely, but I just trimmed it instead.

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
davidwarner63

When you get your cab, I have lots of photos of my install that might help.
Put my cab on in one looong night, by myself.

davidwarner63

Equipment
Jul 5, 2014
Yale Michigan
It will probably be a couple of years before I can get my cab. Perhaps a bit sooner. I have a Toro Groundsmaster with a cab that I bought for pushing snow around but I might just sell it and use the money towards the Curtis Cab:eek:

What was the cost of the cab and heater? Could the heater be easily installed later?

Today, I'm going to read through this entire post again.

I was also looking at the Tektite cab. It looks nice too, with lots of glass/visibility. However, it looks higher (I need it to be lower then the ROPS so it will fit in the garage) and I don't believe it is compatible with the backhoe.

Thanks for such a great post, with all the photo's and all. A real help!

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
What was the cost of the cab and heater? Could the heater be easily installed later?

Yes the heater, can be installed at anytime. I have lots of pics of that installed when needed.

Cost, you need to check with your dealer for pricing, because Curtis Cab , will only sell to dealers.

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
The stereo and fan and speakers where part of the kit.
Curtis does not sell this anymore like this.
Here is my snow plow equipment
Going down to -7 tonight and -15 on Friday.

Last edited:

Gdemos

Equipment
BX25D, Cab, BXPanded Plow, B2789 Rr PTO Blower, Brotek Thumb, spacers
Dec 9, 2013
RI
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424309285.911440.jpg
Heated cab and wipers definitely been HUGE this season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tj8hc

Equipment
BX2370-1
Feb 28, 2015
Worcester, MA
Hi, this is my first post as I just bought my first tractor! I'm expecting my BX2370-1 to be delivered this week!

I purchased the Curtis cab and was also able to find the same radio console that you have online. I was hoping that you might be able to post some additional pictures of how you mounted it to the top of the cab as I'm not quite sure of the best way.

Thanks!

t33jetman

Equipment
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
Hi, this is my first post as I just bought my first tractor! I'm expecting my BX2370-1 to be delivered this week!

I purchased the Curtis cab and was also able to find the same radio console that you have online. I was hoping that you might be able to post some additional pictures of how you mounted it to the top of the cab as I'm not quite sure of the best way.

Thanks!
Tj, the console is hanging in the front of the cab's over hang metal strip and the rear round area's has two elevator bolts going through the roof with a rubber washer and self locking nut and a dab of silicon for water proofing.

Last edited: