BX25D arrived Friday

Ironhorse

Equipment
BX25D, Piranha tooth bar, Landpride chipper, LP PHD
Aug 9, 2013
Montana
Finally had the dealer deliver the BX25D I had bought. I got about 3-4 hours using it and am impressed with this machine. I stood back after the work (FEL and BH) and tried to imagine the chores with pick and shovel.

One needed project was to make a "Kubota crossing" of the ditch that divides my property. Dropped in culvert and filled in above to make a rough road. Later this will be the new driveway so this narrow crossing was just to be able to gain access to both sides for the time being.

Now I'm trying to dig the roots out around a row of stumps. Not sure if that will succeed but its worth a try. When the contractor comes to excavate the new basement he can always take care of what I can't get.

I'm already a big fan of the Piranha tooth bar. It pried out a lot of rocks that I'd have had to use the BH for.

BenRich

Equipment
BX1870D w/FEL, Land Pride FDR1648 Mower, Land Pride RBO560 Scrape Blade
I would echo your sentiments regarding trying to do this sort of work with a pick and shovel. I'm 56 years old and finally came to the realization that that I could no longer do the sort of things I could do 10-15 years ago without causing painful and possibly irreparable things to my body and back.

And, indeed, since buying my BX1870 in May of this year, I have done in minutes what used to take me hours and did it all while comfortably seated (and had a bodacious good time as well).

I have some major landscaping projects coming up this fall/winter on our property and I now look upon those upcoming endeavors with pleasure and anticipation, instead of dreading them. In fact, I'm having to restrain myself from starting them sooner than I should (have to wait until the first frost so I can officially declare the garden as no longer productive).

Here's wishing you all the best in your BX25.

Ben

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Ironhorse,

my thoughts exactly! I have had mine for about 2 months, got 25 hours on her, starting to get the "feel" of the BH too. The smoothness of the power steering and the power from a small CUT is amazing. I have pulled out roots and other PITA's in the ground too, got more to get !

I have the Piranha tooth bar too, best money spent, turn the teeth straight down and backdrag........very nice! I have bought rear spacers, should be in this week, look forward to putting them on too.

Glad to hear that you got one, I kick myself for NOT getting it years ago....this year might be the best year to get one, seems that EPA will make the diesel require a CAT on the exhaust soon.
Good luck and keep a "Kubuto-ing":D

Ironhorse

Equipment
BX25D, Piranha tooth bar, Landpride chipper, LP PHD
Aug 9, 2013
Montana
Ironhorse,

my thoughts exactly! I have had mine for about 2 months, got 25 hours on her, starting to get the "feel" of the BH too. The smoothness of the power steering and the power from a small CUT is amazing. I have pulled out roots and other PITA's in the ground too, got more to get !

I have the Piranha tooth bar too, best money spent, turn the teeth straight down and backdrag........very nice! I have bought rear spacers, should be in this week, look forward to putting them on too.

Glad to hear that you got one, I kick myself for NOT getting it years ago....this year might be the best year to get one, seems that EPA will make the diesel require a CAT on the exhaust soon.
Good luck and keep a "Kubuto-ing":D
Thanks for the replies. I got a couple of fairly big stumps out (6 more to go) by digging around the base and then pushing over the 3' high trunk. The backhoe is a great tool and with finesse can get some large rocks up.

But I've been wondering about the rear spacers I keep reading about. What's the advantage?

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Congratulations on your new tractor, the BX25 is a versatile little machine.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
But I've been wondering about the rear spacers I keep reading about. What's the advantage?

Think of a jacked up jeep, wheel base is short and wheel width centerlines are short, makes for a high center of gravity. On the BX-25, one advantage is that it is already "low" to the ground, the bx-25 has about a 44" rear footprint, with 2" spacers it will be in line with the bucket so that it is more stable on hillsides. Wider base makes for a more stable tractor.....now true you might not be able to go through that gate that you had ease through :rolleyes:, but if you have your FEL loaded to the max, will give you a little bit better footprint. At $190 shipped, might seem pricey....but good things cost a bit too, kinda like the ol BX.....expensive but worth every penny ! :D